Altec Lansing FX6021 VS SoundSticks II ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alebar14, Dec 10, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

alebar14

I am looking for a decent 2.1 speaker for my MBP. I am attracted to Harman Kardon SoundSticks II. The look that what lures me. But from the review around the web, Altec Lansing FX6021 may win !!! What'd ya think ? Any other recommendation such as Klipsch iFi, etc ?

2. macrumors member

dude soundstick sound like crap dude. do not buy. definately altec lansing

3. macrumors 603

aswitcher

I have the FX6021s. Very nice sound and form factor.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

alebar14

5. macrumors 68000

6. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL Based on what? Your statement lacks any real qualification except for the fact that you started your sentence with "dude". :rolleyes:

OP:
    I've heard and used both and believe the sounsticks sound great but the FX6021s sound better. I believe the specs of each are somewhere online and you'll find the range to be better in the FX6021s but you will pay more for that. You're comparing two brands that aren't quite comparable.

7. jnc
    macrumors 68020

jnc

I've no experience with the Altec Lansing FX6021, but I own the harmon/kardon IIs and they're great. Plenty loud, bassy and <£99 when I bought them 18 months ago, who knows how much they cost now. And they look a lot nicer :p

8. macrumors 6502

erikistired

i still recommend the klipsch promedia 2.1s, great sound.

9. macrumors member

Personally, I think the sound sticks lack definition in their sound. It all sounds a bit 'airy'. I would think that the AL's would do better. I personally use Z-2300 and i have to say that they are great. Nice sharp tones along with powerful yet defined bass. Wood construction goes a long way. The harmons being an all plastic unit make for a lack of sound definition. Looks great (not really) but yeah.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

alebar14

Thank you guys !! Appreciated that very much.

I'm looking for the well-definition sound with clear treble, well-fitting Bass based on every occasion (I pay more respect for playing DVD movies), and the well-adjusted volume. I am looking at my budget between $100 - $250.

Any other open thoughts ? and why you think it's great?

11. macrumors 68000

If you look around you notice the Altec Lansing did very well so did the z-2300 the sound Sticks did pretty good basically it's your choice they are all great choices.