Altec Lansing MX 5021. Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Piepz, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Piepz macrumors member

Feb 7, 2007
    Riga, Latvia
    So I was looking for new speakers and I thought about getting Logitech Z4i, because they look nice and suits iMac well, but then I found Altec Lansing MX5021 (white).. They are just a bit more expensive, but the power (on the paper) is more than twice than the logitech z4i (2x20watts for satelites compared to 2x8.5watts).
    AL FX 6021 is too expensive and I don't dig the design.. and they wouldn't look good on my desk, so that's out of a question.

So anybody using AL MX 5021 ? How's the sound ? Any suggestions ?

Here's a large pic of these speakers:

Thanks in advance!
  2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    I am sure they are nice.... but not as nice as my FX6021's :D I don't see how you think they look bad, they look great next to my iMac. Wow, everyone even comments on how badass they look. They really do too! I'll post a pic later if I can. The sound is unbelievable. The subwoofer is to die for... just ask anyone who owns them.

But since that is not an option, I would suggest trying out the ones you are looking at. Comp USAs usually let you try em out. Since they say THX, they have to be nice. As far as design, I don't really like it, I like tall thin speakers like mine, but I guess that changes person to person. Are those new? I don't remember those being an option when I was in the amrket for speakers about 6 months ago.