Alternate Upgrade to keep Unlimited Data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yousefarman, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hello Everyone,

sorry if this has been answered already, but i have looked in the forums and can't find the answer. I have 3 lines on my account

$59.99 450 min talk and text with UNLIMITED DATA (upgrade eligible)
    4gb Shared Data Plan 2 lines

I want to do an alternate upgrade on ULD line, to one of my other 2 lines, and then switch it back to the Unlimited Data line. Is this possible? so essentially, its an alternate upgrade, that goes back to the original line.

2. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Yes, many have been doing that so they dont lose their verizon unlimited data plan.
    It works.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Do i have to activate it on the "Alternate" Line first, before i activate it on my ULD line?

4. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Yes, I believe so.

6. macrumors newbie

Are you asking if you can use the upgrade on your unlimited data line on one of your other lines, and then simply switch the phone to your unlimited line? If that is the case, then the answer is no. When you use the upgrade which is available on your unlimited data plan line, that is the plan that gets re-signed, and that plan would lose the unlimited data.

If one of your other lines becomes elegible for upgrade you could simply upgrade the phone as usual. Then you would re-activate the old phone, and then activate the new phone on your unlimited line. However, the upgrade available on the unlimited line must go unused in order to keep your unlimited data plan.

7. macrumors 6502a

The upgrade MUST be on a line that has a dumb phone.

8. macrumors regular

CanesDrew

Yes. I've got Verizon and just looked into this. The upgrade must be used on the upgraded line for 24 hours. Then it must NOT be active on any line for 24 hours. Then you may reactivate it on another line.

This is per Verizon CSRs yesterday.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone for the help! the only reason why i posted, is because i have been told conflicting stories from different CSRs :/ This makes sense though. ill stick with it and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks!