Alternative PDF editor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dkeninitz, Dec 16, 2005.

1. dkeninitz macrumors regular

I occasionally need to edit PDF forms, i.e., fill in the blanks type of stuff, but don't want to spring for Acrobat. Can anyone recommend a good alternative? Thanks.

Don

2. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

3. dkeninitz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I downloaded it and and tried it this weekend, but it kept crashing (I'm using Tiger).

4. RCHertzy macrumors newbie

PDF Pen on Tiger

I have been using PDFpen 2.4.2 with Tiger (Intel iMac) for over a year now with no problems. Try reinstalling it. I have a purchased version, but recall using in demo mode also with no problems. Current version is 3.1.1, but I have not tried that one. Good luck. It is a great program.

5. heart attack macrumors newbie

SSN in PDF

I've got a pdf document I want to show a lot of people. However, it has my social security number in it. I have no way to recreate the pdf, it's a downloaded version of a grad school application. I want to erase my SSN from every page of the pdf. suggestions? thanks.

6. Jim Ward macrumors newbie

That's my experience, too -- either PDFpen crashes or it produces documents that are unusable by Acrobat or Preview. Of 7 PDF documents I've tried to edit, I've been successful with PDFpen only twice. I'd keep looking.

7. numlock macrumors 68000

have you tried skim?

also you might consider saving the pdf as a picture and just editing out personal info and then print it back as a pdf

8. .adam macrumors regular