Alternative To Cyberduck?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by USMCfirefighter, Sep 14, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I tried a search here but couldn't find anything. After upgrading to SL, Cyberduck no longer works and I can't upload filed to my FTP server. Does anyone know any free alternatives to Cyberduck? Yes, I'm being cheap. At first, anyway :D.
    Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Use the latest cyberduck beta, it supports snow leopard.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

You're awesome, thanks for the help.

4. macrumors regular

snakesqzns

There's also Fugu.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know why you have to use bad language... just kidding.
    Thanks, but I have been using Cyberduck for a while, and now that it still works for me, I'll stick with it. I'll keep Fugu in mind though just in case. Thanks!

6. macrumors regular

There's a review of FTP clients in this month's Mac Format (I assume the mag is the same both sides of the water)

I use Cyberduck and its current inability to work under SL is why I haven't upgraded yet - I'll wait until any issues are ironed out.

7. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

As already mentioned, there's a Snow Leopard compatible version out that you can get. I'm using it with no issues.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

I am also using it now. So far, I having no more issues.

9. macrumors regular

not sure if it is SL comp, but Filezilla is my FTP of choice. cyberduck is nice and all, but sometimes i find it better/faster to not use drag and drop.

also, i seem to do most of my txt file uploads through textwrangler these days...

10. macrumors newbie

i have been using cyberduck all last year, but recently started using Fireftp plugin for Firefox. It's a nice light weight FTP client and works like a charm. I've already used a ton and I don't have to leave my web browser.

http://fireftp.mozdev.org/