Alternative to MS Sharepoints

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jason_Bryan, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Jason_Bryan macrumors regular

Can anybody suggest an alternative to MS Sharepoints. I large client of mine is looking to build a web based resource and collaboration portal for it's staff clients and consultants and believes Sharepoints is the only product for this purpose. I am concerned that access will be limited for people like myself, Mac only, and Linux only users. Are there any alternatives to Sharepoints on the market?

2. Jason_Bryan thread starter macrumors regular

I am sure there must be someone on the forums that could help :)

3. Queso macrumors G4

Not tried it myself, but this may suit your needs. Download link on developer page.

4. Queso macrumors G4

He means Microsoft Sharepoint Server, a product that allows storing your data files into a big database for collaboration purposes. Don't worry if you haven't used it. It's a pile of steaming poo, in the same say Exchange 5.0 was a pile of steaming poo.

As happened with Exchange, I do hope Sharepoint eventually turns into something a bit more usable and supportable. However, sadly the current version is pants.

5. Stratification macrumors regular

I'm not sure if it'll exactly fit your needs, but you might look at http://www.alfresco.com/ they look rather promising to me.

6. bertjandiederik macrumors newbie

7. bertjandiederik macrumors newbie

I saw on the o3spaces site that they will give a preview of their coming release this week, so if you want to learn more?

Alfresco delivers a testdrive that is very good by the way.