Alternative to Quicken

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedemonV12, Nov 25, 2006.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, i work a lot with this program in windows, and i just switched to the mac. I was wondering if there were any alternatives to this program that will do about the same thing for mac? The quicken for mac is terrible, and doesnt support a lot of accounts and files. Anything that i can use to replace quicken on the mac?

2. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Moneydance

This (personal accounting) is an area in which the Mac badly lags, I'd say, but many folks prefer iBank (iggsoftware.com/ibank/) or Moneydance (www.moneydance.com) to Mac Quicken. Frankly, I'd almost prefer a cardboard box and a few sheets of paper to Mac Quicken...

3. MacVault macrumors 65816

PFM support totally sucks on the Mac. And, YES - Quicken for Mac is an abomination! I have an old iBook but am about to buy a Macbook mainly so I can run parallels with Windows XP and run the Windows version of Quicken. It sad, but this is just the way it is now for personal finance managers on the Mac :(

4. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Yeah, it totally stinks. I'm amazed that there isn't WINE support for Quicken (Win) or MS Money. That'd be a much nicer solution than needing to buy XP AND Quicken. Given how totally lousy Quicken is on the Mac, I'm surprised the MS Mac Business Unit isn't working on a Mac port. Seems like they could own the market (and earn a generous return their investment) if they'd just pull that trigger.

5. tejota1911 macrumors 6502

Are either iBank or Moneydance Universal Binaries? If not, is there a decent personal finance program that is? I downloaded the free trial of Liquid Ledger, but so far I'm not really impressed.

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug