Alternative to Yahoo Chat rooms...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by jake36wi41, Sep 12, 2006.

1. jake36wi41 macrumors member

Switched to a new macbook (which i LOVE) But Yahoo for OSX is a JOKE. Anybody have any suggestions for an alternative to the VAST network of chat rooms yahoo sports?

Anything? Thanks!!

2. Balli macrumors 6502

That's one thing I missed since being a switcher. So I would like to know too.

3. mcmillan macrumors 6502

Some clients like Adium and Fire support it, but since Yahoo! removed all custom rooms and left only the default ones, it seems to be broken now. Someone asked me about that a few month ago, so I would like to know too.

4. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

sure you've got the newest version of YM? i personally found it very nice.

5. thugpoet22 macrumors regular

I think the beste app for chatting in the yahoo chat rooms is charla2. Here is the link http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6567 Its in beta i think, but its pretty stable and it has many options to work with. Check it out tell me what you think

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I couldn't say it any better.

7. thugpoet22 macrumors regular

I like Adium as well but for yahoo chat rooms its not that great. It does not give you a list of the chat rooms. I guess thats not that bad seeing as most people dont use close to all of them. So if you have your few that you do enter, write them down or just remember there names and it will work fine for you.

8. kbn2 macrumors newbie

Bakarland: Chatroom alternative

Lot many chat users disappointed with yahoo as they closed chatrooms.

Well as of now , there is another option Bakarland.
    Its recently launched in public. Having decent liquid layout, which makes easy to have multiple window chats.
    Hope it may be useful.