Alternatives to Applecare?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by pcuserx, Feb 2, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Jan 12, 2003
    Does anyone know any companies that will give you extended warranties on your Apple products?
  2. macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    I think CompUSA has some kind of extended warranty. I'm not sure if you have to purchase it with a Mac or not. I know you can get the CompUSA warranty for your iPod, regardless of where you purchased it.
  3. macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    I believe CompUSA offers pretty decent warranties on their machines, at not too high a cost. I don't buy much from them, but went to get a replacement keyboard, and they were trying to sell me a warranty-- said no matter what happened, if i could bring in enough plastic to prove it had once been a keyboard, they would replace it (for two years).

AppleCare itself is a pretty nice program, tho, as i understand it--

4. thread starter macrumors member

Jan 12, 2003
    For those with large wallets.;)
  5. macrumors newbie

Feb 1, 2003
    AppleCare is worth every penny. The people at Airborne express really have their **** together. You never have to pay for shipping or anything, and the whole entire turnaround time for a fix is like 3 days (Get the box, send it out, 1 day for Apple to fix it and sent out that same day, everything is overnighted). I was really impressed with it.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been conned by CompUSA's warranties.......I would defintely go with AppleCare