alu macbook touchpad click problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by urmajest, Feb 1, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,

Sometimes (2-3 times an hour) when I try to click a link in Safari or a button in some program window, it simply doesn't work. I can move the cursor without any problem and I can also do any kind of clicks (single, double, right) on links or other buttons anywhere else in the screen. However, I cannot click (touchpad tap, actual click, right click) that specific (sometimes several) link or application button even if I try to click million times. If I move the window (having that specific link or button) somewhere else in the screen, then it starts to work.

Does anyone have experienced the same problem? I have 10.5.6 and alu macbook 2.0.

Thanks you.

2. macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

3. macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

yeah, after the update mentionned above, none of my friends have had problems...

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I believe this one is different from the problem the firmware update fixes. It appears that my problem is software issue rather than a hardware/firmware issue since 'touchpad click' does not work on some specific links or buttons.

5. macrumors newbie

alu macbook touchpad click problem

I'm having what sounds like the same problem. I had the original AL MacBook trackpad click issue, but that was solved with the Trackpad Firmware Update. See my new basenote.