Aluminium / Silver Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheChillPill, Jan 24, 2007.

1. TheChillPill macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2007
    Manchester, UK
    Hi Folks,

I'm preparing to purchase a new MBP and ACD monitor, the idea being that I can use the monitor when I'm at my desk, and yet still have the portability for when I'm travelling.

I'm also looking for a keyboard to go with this setup, but I'm not keen on the white look. I'm somewhat anal when it comes to colours, so ideally I want to have either a silver or aluminium keyboard to match everything else.

Whilst I can find plenty such keyboards, I'm struggling to find one with the Apple keyboard layout. The only one I've found so far is a Microsoft one, and it doesn't look great.

Anyone aware of any others?
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Something like this?

A Google search for "Aluminium Keyboard" revealed lots of options...
  3. TheChillPill thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2007
    Manchester, UK
    I know, I found loads too - but none with the Apple layout (except the MS I mentioned).

I've got an aluminium keyboard already, but it has the windows layout and whilst most keys are ok, some of the most common keys I use are a pain in the butt to remember. And I miss the backslash immensely.

The optimus looks cool, but whether it will ever see the light of day is another matter unfortunately :-(
  4. nightsky macrumors member

Feb 18, 2007
    R Zippy's mac compatible?

Really like the Aluminum keyboards r Zippy WK 620 and WK722 or ENERMAX Aurora Silver 104 Normal Keys USB Mini Keyboard - mac compatible?