Aluminum Case for a MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattscott306, Feb 15, 2007.

1. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Hey, I'm getting a 15.4" MBP, and I want to get an aluminum hard case for it. I want something that looks hardcore, like I should be carrying it around with handcuffs on me and it. I don't really like the way the pelicans look, but does anyone know of anything else?

Thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

It's actually pressed. Doesn't go through the cold rolling process like a Halliburton. As a result it's nearly as strong as a decent plastic case. Still, it looks the part.

The aluminium case that's worth getting for the protection premium as well as the look are the Halliburtons. http://www.zerohalliburton.com/computers/aluminum/computer_zseries.jsp

I have quite a collection of Zero suitcases, attaches and laptop cases. These days though I find them over-bulky and not actually as practical in everyday use as a nice shoulder bag.

5. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

pressed, perhaps so.. doesnt exactly say milled...

"The two exterior side panels are made of solid aluminum and have been tooled from a single piece each."

it's solid anyway :)

6. mattscott306 thread starter macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Cybix- you are right, it is pimp, but its UK! Shipping to the US would be a $$$ venture.

7. alFR macrumors 68020

Isn't that a bit like hanging a "I've got something really expensive here, please mug me" sign round your neck though? Or are the muggers too scared? :)

8. mattscott306 thread starter macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Oh no, the muggers will be terrified. They know one smack from the hardcore aluminum case that they know can hurt them if projected in their direction, or swung in the vicinity of their heads...