Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzycuffs

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Hey all. I've tried scouring the net and this forum and I can't seem to find an answer. I was wondering if the new Macbooks (the aluminum unibody ones), and I guess along those lines the new Macbook Pros, have any iSight drivers for Windows.

I've found a site that has Windows drivers for the iSight camera, but they don't seem to work for the new Macbooks. Whenever I try to force the driver install, and point it to the iSight.inf file, it fails and says that they are not the correct drivers.

http://www.maconlysource.com/?p=885

So, does anyone know if there are drivers? They don't seem to be on the OSX dvd that came with the Mac, either.

fuzzycuffs

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Your Leopard CD didn't install them for you?

oh ho ho there they were. I looked in the drivers folder through the install drivers dialog box, which was looking for already decompressed drivers (similar to the ones in the ATI, Intel, nVidia, etc folders). Turns out the Apple folder had installers to run, and I totally didn't think about that.

Thanks! MSN Messenger working with AV! The one hangup I had about my first mac! Thanks!

bradblah

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2008
Hey all. I've tried scouring the net and this forum and I can't seem to find an answer. I was wondering if the new Macbooks (the aluminum unibody ones), and I guess along those lines the new Macbook Pros, have any iSight drivers for Windows.

I've found a site that has Windows drivers for the iSight camera, but they don't seem to work for the new Macbooks. Whenever I try to force the driver install, and point it to the iSight.inf file, it fails and says that they are not the correct drivers.

http://www.maconlysource.com/?p=885

So, does anyone know if there are drivers? They don't seem to be on the OSX dvd that came with the Mac, either.

I'm having the same problem w/my newly purchased MB. It's my first mac and I'm not quite sure where to look for the drivers. I've tried both of the DVD's that came with it and I've tried to scour them but couldn't find anything at all. Anyone able to help me? :)

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.