Aluminum powerbook sleeve options

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RMcolder, Nov 8, 2003.

1. RMcolder macrumors newbie

Hi everbody,

I know this subject might be a bit old, but the archives haven't been fully helpful. I purchased an aluminum powerbook recently and was looking for a light sleeve that gave me the option of putting it in a backpack or slinging it around my shoulder. "Incase" still semed like a bit much, but what was appealing was the Caselogic NCLE-4. However, I have heard rumors that it is a bit small for the 15.2 inch powerbook. The ACME is a bit too "feminine" for me (no offense).
    Does anyone own / know anybody that owns one and is / isn't satisfied? Does anybody have any better suggestions? I appreciate your help!

2. ksz macrumors 68000

3. enderai macrumors newbie

I got a Boot from Spire www.spireusa.com .
    It is a no-frills sleeve, but fits very nicely in my backpack, as well as being substantial enough to carry around by itself.

It fits the 15" Albook pretty well, but you can tell it was designed for the titanium. (the velcro fastener doesn't quite line up.)

Oh yeah. It is vertically oriented. that was a big plus for me.

4. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

I got the Marware sleeve for my 12 inch. Its pretty basic. Its nice and acts as my primary case, but do throw it in my backpack occasionally.

5. m4rc macrumors 6502

I have a 15" Alu PB and the Incase sleeve. Fits great, looks nice, does the job.

Marc

6. ksz macrumors 68000

Just received RadTech's PowerSleevz and ScreensavRz for my 1.25 AlBook. Even though Apple has built a 2mm clearance between the closed lid and base, the gap is maintained by a spring. If pressure is applied it seems to me that the keyboard can come into contact with the LCD. Hence the ScreensavRz.

The PowerSleevz is form-fitting and as elegant as the pictures would indicate.

http://www.radtech.us/

As for a case, I'm temporarily using an old standby while waiting to see Tom Bihn's redesigned Eclipse:

http://www.tombihn.com/Merchant2/me...Code=TB0700&Category_Code=300&Product_Count=4

"Update: Tom is currently redesigning the Eclipse to have an updated look and maybe a few accessory specific pcokets [sic] (iPod! iPod!) "

7. camobag macrumors regular

camobag

I got a sleeve from timbuk2.com and it's a great home for my 12 inch powerbook.

8. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

I got fed up with sleeve/messenger bag debate and flipped for the $99 Timbuk 2 Commute Bag from Apple. It has a padded built-in pocket and fits my 15" Powerbook quite nicely. It's the closest thing I've found to the Holy Grail of messenger/computer bags, and in black, it's nice enough to take to carry into a client meeting (via the handle) as a pseudo-briefcase.

I couldn't possibly be happier.

9. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

BooqBags are phat!

I orderd a sleeve from Booq for my 12" Powerbook. Its the most "urban chiq" of soem of the ones I've seen. They have models for 12, 15, & 17" and they aren't that expensive (my 12" was $39"

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=18