Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iluvgadgets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
Unless these is a significant difference in AW2, I will be keeping my aluminum.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
For a sports watch , I want a leather band rather than an aluminum. Perhaps, I'll prefer the classic buckle.
I have the leather loop for my sport. I don't wear it much, a little too hot during the summer here in Florida. But I like the way it looks, really cool. I tried the classic buckle in the Apple Store and it too feels really nice.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I have the leather loop for my sport. I don't wear it much, a little too hot during the summer here in Florida. But I like the way it looks, really cool. I tried the classic buckle in the Apple Store and it too feels really nice.

I have a third party leather loop knockoff (black) that I wore with my aluminum Sport most of the Winter. If it's not hot, it's my most comfortable strap. If it is hot and humid, then it gets really funky really fast. Being infinitely adjustable you can always loosen it up, but that doesn't seem to help too much.

During the warmer months I wear a brown leather Clockwork Synergy buckle that I usually wear a little loose. It's fine for our cooler Summers in the Pacific NW, but I grew up in the South and was visiting family this Summer. I wore the Sport band almost exclusively because of the heat and the humidity. The Sport band isn't exactly cool, but you can clean it more easily than the leather loop.

This Summer has made me long for either a Milanese loop or a woven nylon... I hear both of those are lighter and more comfortable in hot weather. I would imagine the Milanese Loop would be the coolest. I have been eyeballing a few third party ones on Amazon that sell for between $10 and $20. I'm not sure which would look best with the aluminum Sport. The stainless steel ML wouldn't quite match. Black might look good, but they also offer a space grey that might go well with the aluminum sport case.

Has anyone found a brushed/aluminum finish Milanese Loop?

Sean

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I have a third party leather loop knockoff (black) that I wore with my aluminum Sport most of the Winter. If it's not hot, it's my most comfortable strap. If it is hot and humid, then it gets really funky really fast. Being infinitely adjustable you can always loosen it up, but that doesn't seem to help too much.

During the warmer months I wear a brown leather Clockwork Synergy buckle that I usually wear a little loose. It's fine for our cooler Summers in the Pacific NW, but I grew up in the South and was visiting family this Summer. I wore the Sport band almost exclusively because of the heat and the humidity. The Sport band isn't exactly cool, but you can clean it more easily than the leather loop.

This Summer has made me long for either a Milanese loop or a woven nylon... I hear both of those are lighter and more comfortable in hot weather. I would imagine the Milanese Loop would be the coolest. I have been eyeballing a few third party ones on Amazon that sell for between $10 and $20. I'm not sure which would look best with the aluminum Sport. The stainless steel ML wouldn't quite match. Black might look good, but they also offer a space grey that might go well with the aluminum sport case.

Has anyone found a brushed/aluminum finish Milanese Loop?

Sean
The woven nylon are SO COMFORTABLE. I love them, basically been wearing them all summer, since they came out. Wear my Milanese occasionally but I would take the nylon if I could only choose one. My sport I wear to the gym or when working outside, or if I want to switch things up sometimes. They definitely are lighter then any other bands and more comfortable IMO, especially in summer. I highly recommend them.

Reactions: sean000

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
The woven nylon are SO COMFORTABLE. I love them, basically been wearing them all summer, since they came out. Wear my Milanese occasionally but I would take the nylon if I could only choose one. My sport I wear to the gym or when working outside, or if I want to switch things up sometimes. They definitely are lighter then any other bands and more comfortable IMO, especially in summer. I highly recommend them.

Thanks or the recommendation. Summer is pretty much over where I live (leather loop weather is upon us), but I'd still like to get a new band. The Apple Watch 2 won't be in my budget (I don't need built-in GPS anyway), but if I get a new band and Watch OS3 it will look and feel like a whole new watch!

Sean

lauramayer

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2016
38mm Grey, Classic buckle
IMG_3076.jpg

You have a very small arm. You should not wear the big AW. Use the smaller women sizes AW.

You are welcome.

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
AW 2, silver aluminum.

I usally wear the link band, (fake)

sometimes the pearl nylon or black nylon, blue nylon or the milanese (fake)

also have in silicone:

white, black, midnight blue, blue

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Just received the Sea Blue Classic Buckle. I've moved onto the SS watch now, but decided to see how it looked on the spare sports watch. Hard to swallow the price ($134+tax), but the color looks awesome.

Attachments

• sports-sea .JPG
    sports-sea .JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
  • sports-sea blue.JPG
    sports-sea blue.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 228
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.