Always Get the Best Seat on the Plane with Jets

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 1, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For frequent flyers, getting just the right seat on a plane is essential. Whether it's aisle or window, exit row, or just making sure you have as much legroom as possible, knowledge is power. SeatGuru.com has been a great resource for many years but doesn't have a dedicated app. Instead its seat maps are tucked away inside the $4.99 FlightTrack app.

Jets - Flight & Seat Advisor is a new app to find the best seat and get up-to-date flight status information. The app has seat information for more than 100,000 flights, covering more than 80 carriers and 400 different aircraft. The seat maps show positive (extra legroom) and negative (near bathroom) traits for each seat on the plane.

[​IMG]

Jets - Flight & Seat Advisor is available for $2.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]

Article Link: Always Get the Best Seat on the Plane with Jets

2. macrumors 68000

BillyBobBongo

MacAds.com?

There's nothing revolutionary in this App to warrant its mention, this is pure advertising.

3. macrumors member

Seriously. What is this post?

4. macrumors 6502

you guys are commenting on the actions of a BOT

5. macrumors 68030

baryon

Most airlines don't assign you a seat, you get to choose on the plane!

6. macrumors member

Reminds me of when Twitter accounts are hacked, and shows up as spam post for work at home and penis enlargement products.

Only this is intentionally posted by the authors of MacRumours

7. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've heard many criticisms of the writer but I've never heard him called a BOT.

8. c:v
    macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have to say that this one by Jordan is especially bad and definitely seems like the app developers paid for the space on macrumors.

What's happening with this site? And why no Front page news of the lost iPhone 5 that the apple employee has lost in a Mexican bar today?!

9. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

10. macrumors G4

*LTD*

So?

MacRumors doesn't run on FREE.

11. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

sigh, these aren't paid spots. we have no undisclosed paid stories.

if you can think of an app that's more worthy of attention, send it in. If you don't like product highlight posts, don't subscribe to the blog content.

arn

12. macrumors 603

Carlanga

Bad MR

Stops calling ads stories, even if they are on the 'More stories' side. All it gets is bad publicity for the app and pissed readers for the site. Create a 'recommended' apps tab or something and don't blatantly put this as a story. Too many similar 'stories' lately...

13. macrumors member

Arn, I'm not mad at you. You're posting it for interests' sake. For instance, I didn't know about the parking app you posted and the one I have sucks ass. So, I went ahead and added that app to my wish list to follow up on later.

Com'on people. Sometimes it's nice to have someone else say "Hey, this is kind of a cool app. You should check it out". Oprah's been doing that **** for years. lol.

14. macrumors 6502a

Free seating (which is what you are saying) is only true on LCCs like Southwest, Ryan Air, Easy Jet, etc. Legacy carriers still let you choose either at the time of booking or at least at check-in.

15. macrumors 68020

Kissaragi

Whats wrong with highlighting an app they think is cool? I think it sounds like a useful app and I hadn't heard of it before.

16. macrumors 6502

gglockner

What's more annoying is that you can get info from Seatguru.com. I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted the data from SeatGuru, and now they're trying to profit from it. Shame!

17. ekdor, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

18. macrumors member

As a frequent user of seat guru, I found this writeup useful. It looks like a cool new app.

19. macrumors G5

nagromme

I assumed these were ads too; good to know they aren’t! Maybe these product spotlight stories could use a footnote reassuring people that these aren’t paid for.

20. macrumors 6502

Interesting app but overpriced for what limited features it has.

21. macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Arn,

I only agree to these articles if they are "amazing" apps. Even if they aren't something I'll use, like the parking or seating apps, if I can appreciate them it's ok.

As with all quality macrumors articles, I will expect the same level of excellence with these recommendations. Don't let me down.

22. macrumors regular

You got let down, because you didn't get another iPhone 5 rumor about bigger screens.

23. c:v
    macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I don't subscribe to this site. I simply have the main page open where I consider to be on the front page. It's a bit like having ads on the front page of a mag or newspaper. That would be equally annoying and unprofessional.

Btw, different timezones around the world. So some news reaches us sooner, some later. Amazing isn't it?

24. macrumors 65816

cwedl

25. macrumors regular

So if I already have Flighttrack there is no point in getting this? They both use seat guru.com ?