"Always open Finder windows in Column view"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markwm88, Feb 13, 2005.

1. markwm88 macrumors newbie

Feb 13, 2005
    After a few months mild use on OS X I'm starting to get used to it more and more now. I love the column view, but find it really annyoing that occasionally new finder windows will open in Icon view.

What exactly is the point of the finder preference "always open new windows in column view"?...It sounds pretty straight forward, but finder doesn't exactly pay much attention to it.

When I'm viewing in column view and I command-double click a folder, finder will open a new window in Icon view, depsite my preference.

I have to reset the new window to column view and then close it, and then when I repeat the command-double click it will open in column view but it kinda defeats the point.

I've read numerous posts about finder not remembering views, I don't understand also why there's only an option for column view? why isn't there "always open in list view" or "always open in icon view" option?
  2. kalafalas macrumors regular

Aug 26, 2008
    all you have to do is go to view > options (or something like that) and then click column view, after clicking all windows instead of this window only