Am I a bad person??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Dec 2, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

For wanting/thinking about slashing the tires on the car that gets home every night at 5 sharp and goes "CAR IS ARMED!!!!"?

Then, anytime the wind blows the cars goes all night "THIS CAR IS ARMED, PLEASE STEP AWAY."

If I am unfortunate enough to be home on the weekends, this POS does this all weekend...

More subtle approach or slash the tires?

2. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Hmmmm, beating it with a big hammer could always work too......;)

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

If you get too close, it will yell at you again. I wonder if a pellet gun will penetrate the tires?

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

do you know who the car belongs to? perhaps be diplomatic and talk things out?

personally i know how you feel, i hate cars like that myself and dont blame you for wanting to do that.

are you a bad person? no.

plus slashing the tires means you have to put up with it outside your house more.

5. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

No, but my dad's old 30-06 oughta work.

I mean seriously, why???

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

immm i think u should have a talk with who's ever car it, saying its pissing you off.... if he doesn't do anything about then.... maybe u got a case;)

7. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I just went out and put a typed note on his windshield. I basically told him that we'd (as in the neighborhood) would appreciate it if he would adjust the sensitivity a bit.

I still wanna slash his tires, though.

8. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Just be thankful it doesn't say

"I've been tampered with, I've been tampered with , BEEE BOOOO BEEEE BOOO BEEEE BOOOO."

I was working on a friends car in his apartment garage one night, and a Mitsubishi Eclipse with an alarm system started saying that every time a car drove by it!

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

10. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Slash 'em!

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i was going to suggest a note that says "CAR IS ANNOYING" or something... but it looks like you've already got a note on there. ;)

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

better than slashing tires is to either cut the valve stem right near the base, or better yet, remove the screw from inside the stem, while this tactic isn't as costly to the owner, the problem is a bit more obscure and frustrating ;)

13. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I think I might just go hammer some three penny nails into the sidewalls.

14. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

"THIS CAR'S TYRES HAVE BEEN SLASHED, PLEASE STEP AWAY."

Is that really any better? :(

15. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Bingo Bango, sugar in the gas tank. :cool:

Seriously, yes, slash the tires. :cool:

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

pierce the inside of the sidewall then, then its not so obvious.

yeah im vengeful at times, and i used to work at a repair shop. theres a lot you could do...

17. emw macrumors G4

emw

I thought you could report people who's alarms went off incessantly to the police as a disturbance.

18. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I have better ideas. Take a squirtgun (yes, I know it sounds childish)...and put some anti-freeze in it, spray it all over the paint. Couple of day slater, no paint! This also works with balogna. SLap a few slices all over the car, and in no time you have poke-a-dots!

You could do something else really funny. Put a nail with string into a tennis ball, and attatch it to the front axel. When he drive,s the tennis ball will bounce up and down creating an annoying noise.

19. maya macrumors 68040

maya

20. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I really don't know if this is a disturbing the peace violation and what Stateside ordinances are in your area, but I wonder if a call to the police would get something done? "I'm concerned there's a car being tampered with since the alarm is on and no one is responding, and wondered....."

I feel your pain. In our neighborhood in Quito, it's a zoo choir of alarms (the old ones with the kazoo, chromatic madness) left running and sounding like a tribe of Gibbons.

21. emw macrumors G4

emw

The only thing worse than listening to this annoying car alarm would be paying for any damage you do to it out of anger. If the note request doesn't work, get to know the guy who lives above or below him well enough that you can go in and bounce basketballs off of his floor/ceiling at 2 in the morning every night.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

better than the tennis ball would be to get a plastic bag stuck underneath the car. the plastic will melt and cause the rotting egg smell, due to the heat the car generate.

23. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Brake fluid works much faster. Antifreeze isn't really good at taking off paint. if it was, my older Jetta would have none on the front clip (leaked for 2 years (slowly).

IT guy, and part time Mechanic.

24. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

What does that do?:cool:

I would probobly want to do the same thing so obiously your not a bad person:p

I glad I have no cars like that in the neighborhood. But we do have these dogs that would bark ALL night long. I want to drive them over everytime I pass in my car. Ironicly ,according to our neighborhood paper, there house got broken into and were "threatened" to shut up there dog

25. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Pour some strong paint stripper over it.

Worked for me. :p ;)