Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtr457

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
Hey everyone,

I believe that someone may have incentive to monitor my activity and believe that my Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina has been compromised due to suspicious console code.

I have tried to Google the code but haven't had much success. I don't know how to read it and was wondering whether someone could take a look

I was also wondering whether it would be safe to post the code here

Thanks for your help

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Open up the Activity Monitor and see what's running. Do a screen shot if you see anything weird.

gtr457

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
Check out little snitch it will show (and block) any traffic that is coming/going from your computer.

Thank you for your replies - the problem is that I don't know which malicious processes to look for on the activity monitor and little snitch. Is there anything I should watch out for?

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
You'll have tl post the code or the process list, redact (remove), any ip addresses etc from what you post.

Has someone actually had access to your machine or compromised your account?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thank you for your replies - the problem is that I don't know which malicious processes to look for on the activity monitor and little snitch. Is there anything I should watch out for?
Well some of it may be common sense, do you think when you see the traffic flowing out, that it a given app should be phoning home as it were.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.