Am I dreaming or can this be done?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by M. Malone, Apr 2, 2004.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I want to get the Palm TT3, I will only get it if it can do the following:

1. Synchronize with iCal, Mail, Address Book (I don't wanna install Palm Desktop , basically synchronize through Mac OSX directly)

I would love to have this happen:
    Since the thing has bluetooth, can I write all my e-mails in my car or in class on my palm, then when I am near my powerbook, I "command" the palm to send the e-mails, and suddenly, my mail icon begins bouncing on my dock and it says "sending" e-mail.

now that would be cool, can that be done? forgive the newbie question

2. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

ok that answers it, but what about this:
    "Since the thing (TT3) has bluetooth, can I write all my e-mails in my car or in class on my palm, then when I am near my powerbook, I "command" the palm to send the e-mails, and suddenly, my mail icon begins bouncing on my dock and it says "sending" e-mail."

thanks

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

If you're writing them in your car, you might want to arrange with your next of kin to have them sent afterward. :rolleyes:

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I believe so for PC (although I dont bother with my T2 because I don't see the advanatge for me) but not sure about Mac...

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

as long as you have a mail program on your palm (like snappermail or palm mail) you'll be fine. it will send whenever it sense an internet connection if thats what you want.
    i used to dothat all the time with my old m100, i would compose email on it when i wasnt home, and then when i sync'd it the emails went out through my inbox. it was easy.
    also, if you have a bluetooth phone and a data plan you can do it too.
    -c

6. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    sorry........

sorry, but isync will only work if you have palm desktop installed. as for the emails, ive never found any email program that syncs with mac. QUALCOMM makes Eudora for mac and palm but they dont sync. Mail wont synce. Entourage wont sync mail either.

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

you have to have palm desktop installed but not use it, its very different...palm desktop acts as a giant conduit instead of a program for organizing your info...i would have mentioned this before but i guess i just read it as "using palm desktop" not "installing palm desktop"...i would check with brighthand.com or palminfocenter.com for mac compatible email programs, ive never used email programs on a mac, i assumed it would work. (i know, makes an ass out of u and me.).