Am I missing something here?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fayans, Sep 23, 2005.

1. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

Safari not showing anything whenever I click "check availability!" button (see pic). Am I missing something here? Firefox & Opera does the job.

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What? You're kidding right? You're not kidding! You missed the error message :rolleyes:

3. fayans thread starter macrumors 6502a

fayans

In Firefox, it should display the something (in this case the desired name) when the button is clicked. Maybe I am missing some plug-in?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not fully sure what you're saying. Sorry. :eek:

Are you saying that the PDF you posted has your password already typed in but Safari isn't showing asterisks/letters/numbers/characters?

5. fayans thread starter macrumors 6502a

fayans

Supposedly when I click the button "Check Availability!" It will show (next to the button) whether the desired login name exists / otherwise. But my safari doesn't show anything. In Firefox, it does..

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I haven't used GMail personally, but does it need pop ups? Do you need to disable pop up blocking?

7. fayans thread starter macrumors 6502a

fayans

No it's not pop-up, the text should appear when the button is clicked. Could it be Java/Flash/???

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sometimes there's a very brief pop up that closes almost immediately, just to verify a few things with the browser.

However, I think it's probably a similar issue to the Dell online store. I don't know much about web page design, but I don't think it's Flash, could be Java. What does the Activity window say while you're trying this?

9. fayans thread starter macrumors 6502a

fayans

No its not a brief pop-up or something like dell online store. The java and javascript are enabled.