Am I still on warranty?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lacrossegoalie4, Dec 11, 2004.

1. lacrossegoalie4 macrumors member

I've inherited an iBook G4 from a friend who no longer has the receipt, box, or any of the original stuff. Is there a way -- even by calling apple -- that I can find out when the item was purchased, and in doing so, if it is still on warranty? Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I put my nephew and my brother in similar situations over the years when i have sold them my old Macs after I had gotten new ones. Apple never gave them any problem about honoring the warranty.

3. cfd macrumors member

4. Mark James macrumors regular

You still believe in GSX?!

5. cfd macrumors member

GSX, GSX2, PS8, PS9, whatever it takes.....

Quote taken indirectly from Mr. Mom.

6. Mark James macrumors regular

Whenever I really, *really* need to know a Mac's status from GSX it'll normally decare that the unit was bought in the Upper Volta in 1872...

7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

In my experience GSX has worked pretty well except when Apple performs "unscheduled" maintenance at a very odd time.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If you take it to your local Apple Store, a Mac Genius can easily look up the information using the serial number. Apple will honor the remaining warranty. Hopefully they had purchased AppleCare.