Am I the only one excited about Ultimate Spider-Man????!!!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Sep 6, 2005.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Why aren't there any threads about this game?

It's apparently now coming out on September 26th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparently, the X-men guest star! Die, Wolverine!
    [​IMG]

Electro doesn't wear that stupid clown costume anymore...
    [​IMG]

Anyone who has not heard of this game, watch the videos ASAP.
    http://media.cube.ign.com/media/694/694999/vids_1.html

I recommend Yellow Line, Aerial, and Venom Down as must-watch videos, at the very least.

Water and Parking Rumble are also impressive, as are all the boss trailers.
    Anyone remember that annoying "I lost my balloon, WAAAAH!" kid from Spider-Man 2?

You know what Venom calls him?

Lunch.

[​IMG]

Dang. I want this game soooo badly.

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

You aren't the only 1. I was watching some video of this game in action on GameSpot.com and I was completely amazed, stills do this game no justice. I find it hard to buy games at the moment though, I recently upgraded from a standard definition CRT TV to a LCD HDTV and my console just looks crap, I need a HD console like yesterday.

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Go get the cables for all systems. I don't know what you own, but get the progressive scan cable for GameCube and HD cables for PS2 and XBox.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I had a PAL XBox, HD support is only in the NTSC one (this is the reason I got rid of my XBox, nice move Microsoft). The PS2 (the console I use) does 480p in some games (read not very many, I have 20-something games 2 run at 480p), this is progressive scan like the GC, and 480p is standard definition no where near HD. I have component video cables for my PS2 and sure it looks nice, but it's no where near HD quality.

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yep, but it's better than normal. 60 FPS is purdy. And at least all 1st party games and some third parties support it.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i dunno. film license game? PLEASE don't tell me EA are involved at any stage with this game. hmmm...

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's not a film license, it's comic book.

And it's Treyarch and Activision. No EA.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i know i know :) its just all the new Spiderman games seem to be related to the film. could be wrong though.

but Activision... more hmmm's for me im afraid.

9. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i want this game very badly as well bro, looks similar to the engine used in the X-men game. i like that alot too...

10. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I too just made the jump to HDTV. I have both my PS2 and my xbox hooked up with standard composite cables. The difference between the two systems is night and day.

The PS2 is crap compared to the xbox in this respect. My xbox games look better than before. PS2 games look sooo jaggy that they're hard to play. I can barely read the text on NCAA 06. Burnout 3 on the xbox looks amazing, however.

You should have kept your xbox. The games look better on an hdtv, not worse.

11. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, 1 and 2 were related to the film.

Ultimate Spider-Man is not related to the film, but to the comic.

Yeah I hate Activision more than EA I'm afraid, but they're just the publisher fortunately. They have the license for all Spider-Man games so Treyarch has to publish through them.

12. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Since you only use composite video I really don't know what to say. I have my PS2 hooked up with component video cables. The PS2 looks much nicer than the XBox ever did. If Microsoft hadn't broken the PAL XBox and allowed for progressive scan and HD support on the PAL model I would of never got rid of it. The funny thing about the PAL models of both consoles is the PS2 is much better looking because it can actually do progressive scan, while the XBox can't.

I suggest you go and get component video cables for both of your consoles right now, since NO ONE uses standard a/v anymore, and since you have HDTV you might as well use it. ;)

13. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i dont know if your set supports 1080i, or if you have gran turismo 4, but if you meet both conditions try it in 1080i. it looks *amazing* (not that i have an hdtv :eek: but ive played it on my friend's) anyway, back OT, that looks kinda cool, based on just skimming over the screenshots. i like cel-shaded games wrt graphics :p

14. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Yes to both, I've tried it and it looks great _BUT_ it doesn't help me, I still suck at that game. :)

Check out some of the movies of Ultimate Spiderman it looks a lot nicer when it moves. I love the way when you get hit you get thrown through different frames, very very cool!

15. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Yea and Yes! I love that game. I've been meaning to buy the component cables for the PS2, but with the new consoles just around the corner I don't see a huge point to it now.

OT, that game looks cool. I loved the last game based off the movie. But I always liked the cartoon growing up.

16. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did anyone see the new videos posted today?

Shocker looks pathetic I have to say. But...
    did the Silver Sable just stick a gun in Venom's mouth and pull the trigger and blow a hole in the back of his head? :eek:

Woah.

Oh, and Wolverine looks awesome.

17. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

man the xbox on a normal tv looks better than the ps2 on a hd tv in my opinion hell the dreamcast had anti alasing the ps2 didnt xbox had anti alasing ps2 dont so in my opinion the ps2 is just junk. i wouldent own a ps2 and yea i hate ea for dissing the dreamcast. the dreamcast if it lived longer and had better support from people like ea it would have made sega to make better quality games the dreamcast didnt live long enuff for the developers to lern the systems full potential it would have blowed the ps2 out of the water the only thing that the ps2 had over the dreamcast was the dvd rom the dreamcast had a stank ho gd rom witch only held 1.2-1.5 gig's of storage.the ps2's dvd rom holds up to 4-8 gig's of storage witch in turn alowed for better looking gfx witch take more space to put on a disk.but thats not how it goes tho but i got the vga adapter for the dreamcast and it looks awesomebut not all games support the vga adapter. but i do got to hand it to sony they did deliver the goods when it comes down to it tho and so did microsoft with the xbox.but what i am saying only if the dreamcast got to live a life with better 3rd party support then who knows what would have become of the system.people still play the dreamcast online to here is a link of a site where every one goes to scedual games and what not
    http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/portal.php
    and here is another to select gamecube or ps2 from the same site
    http://www.onlineconsoles.com/

18. katchow macrumors 6502

interesting style...spidey looks much younger with the exagerrated head. when are we gonna get a spidey-ham game? :)

19. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

20. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

21. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The more I hear and see about this game the more excited I get. I'm really WAY too hyped about it, lol. I even ordered the hardcover with the first 13 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man...got it for $11 ($15 including shipping and tax), new off Amazon.com, comic store surplus rocks :) It's normally $30.

Apparently the game starts right after issue #39 (that would be the third hardcover, issues 26-39), so I might have to get some more comics, but I went to the local bookstore and paged through that one and saw several scenes that were in the Ultimate Spider-Man trailer.

The game is going to have tons of guest stars. Nick Fury and Wolverine are confirmed and its likely the Fantastic Four will be in there too...

Watch the latest interviews on Gametrailers.com. This game is going to be fantastic.

22. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Really? Wow, what idiots. :confused:

Not to rub it in, but HDTV XBox is a sight to behold. Somewhat on-topic, I've been playing my friend's copy of X-Men Legends and I have to stop drooling when I play. The game is in 720p and 16x9 aspect ratio. Plus, it's tons of fun.

I will be keeping an eye out for Spidey, however.

23. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

When you consider that the XBox and PS2 achieve HD resolutions by up-sampling...

I can only imagine what the next gen consoles will look like with natively HD-designed games.