Am I the only one that absolutely HATES the new iTunes 7 interface?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CoMpX, Sep 13, 2006.

1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

It's fugly!! It looks like something Dell would make. It has too many different colors, it doesn't look unified, and it doesn't have that Apple feel to it. Does anyone agree?

2. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

3. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

to be honest I think it's awesome, I like the change, and the Cover Flow thing is really cool, Steve was right, a whole new way to browse for music, I'm listening to songs I forgot I had thanks to Cover Flow, so yea, I really like the new design and its features

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I hate the new style! Give me aqua back!! I like some of the features, just not the new interface.

5. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I agree. I do like the new features, although I don't know how to get it to automatically download my album covers. The new interface has too many colors and textures going on in the buttons and scrollbars, and none of it matches with the rest of OS X, not even with UNO.

6. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

For some odd reason, I get the feeling that it might hint a new interface for iPod. Maybe not the current 5G, nano and all, but maybe what releases next year or so. BOOM!

7. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

At first I was very closed - minded because iTunes 7 would not play my music! Turns out it was another app interfering. So I played a song, it sounds better to me than version 6. So I don't care how it looks, luvit!:)

8. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

I like the features, but the look has a very windows feel to it imo. I guess I miss all the brushed metal, and now it is too colorful or the graphics are just too much, too bold. I dunno, just don't care for it personally.

9. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

If you really hate it so much, download an older version here

10. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

i agree, i like aqua! but i cant complain, i absolutely LOVE the features. Best iTunes ever.™

11. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

I like the new interface. But I wish Apple would pick a damn interface, like Unified, and stick with it. No more randomness, PLEASE!

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

13. elbirth macrumors 65816

I actually love the new interface. It looks more "solid" and less flashy and....well, old and played. The theme I used to use in Shapeshifter actually looked somewhat similar.

I'm wondering if it's hinting at the new Leopard interface, which I would really like. I imagine either Apple is just giving us a taste of what's to come or they're gauging how people react to it so they can tweak it to get better support before release.

14. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I like the new iTunes interface. It's cleaner and sort of easier to look at what with all the new views and stuff.

I like the blue icons instead of the green as well. Much better. :cool:

15. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Album flow or cover view whatever it is, although it looks great its not really that good. If you are looking for a particular song all you have got to go on is the album cover so you then have to go looking at the list below to see if that song is now selected. You may as well just select the song yourself in the list. :( :confused:

Ive not had too much time to fiddle with it yet so maybe im missing something? It would be better if it only displayed one album cover for the whole album instead of an album cover for every song in the album. When that cover popped up it should display all the songs in the album.

Im gonna check it all out a bit more tonight and if that is the case and I havent missed anything I'll mention it to Apple. :)

16. JPark macrumors 6502a

If you sort by Album, it will only display one cover per album. If you've sorted by Album and you're still getting multiple albums, select all of the songs in the album, Go to Info, Change the Album Artist. Make sure all of the other attributes have matching values (Album name, artist, etc). That should fix it.

On a side note, it turns out Wikipedia is a great place to get cover art for those Albums that iTunes didn't pick up.

17. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Choose 'Get Album covers' (cant remember what menu its under) and it will attempt to find the artwork for all your library. Obviously if you have some 'iffy stuff' in there ;) it most likely wont find it and will show a generic 'musical note' album cover. That sort of pisses me off so I am attempting to find loads of artwork now for alot of my stuff. Thats not to say all my music is 'iffy' ;) a lot of it was ripped ages ago by dragging and dropping from CDs instead of importing directly. Honest to buggery! :D

18. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Love the new features, although I must admit the interface has taken a slight turn for the worse, IMO. I wouldn't say I hate it, though, just that it could be better.

19. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Looks like Ive got a lot of editing to do then :rolleyes:

20. JPark macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's funny how a week ago I couldn't care less about album art, and now I'm spending hours tracking it all down.

As for editing each track's info, most of mine are working fine without having to add the Album Artist. I'd guess that maybe 20% of them or fewer have needed tweaking. I had to run the "Get Album Art" a couple of times before I was convinced it had everything it was going to get.

I agree that the new look isn't all that great, but I like the features. One new feature I noticed last night is the ability to specify that you want it to remember where you left off listening to a track. I think that feature used to only be available on tracks bought from Audible.com. (Or maybe I just never noticed it before) It's great for books on tape.

21. elbirth macrumors 65816

Coverflow isn't meant to be a song-level search tool. That's what the search function is for. Coverflow (as it was when it was its own standalone application before Apple bought them) is meant to be a way of browsing around and casually listening to music. Doing this is great if your computer is the "jukebox" at a party and your guests want to flip through and see what albums you have (kind of how they'd flip through your CD collection (or even records) to see what all you've got.

22. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I would rather have Aqua as well. I wouldn't go so far to say it's Dell-like.

But why are the scroll bars a different color??!??

23. memphismac macrumors member

All the new cover art stuff would be great if it only used one image per album. Instead, it seems to be copying the cover image to each track, taking up drive space. I'm pushing the limit of my 60GB iPod, and I don't want to fill it up with cover art.

24. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Feel the flow.

Trust me. No one, especially not Dell would have made something like this. It is in truth awesome.

25. jellybean macrumors regular

It's so... bland. It looks like something from Windows 95