Am i the only one waiting for intel PM?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by crazycat, Jun 8, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I would love to use an intel power mac as my main desktop insted of this stupid pc i have. Its driving me crazy and the only thing that would make my day is having an intel power mac and trash my pc.

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

You need to get out a bit more if the only thing that would make your day is a new computer ;)

Anyway, isn't your iMac already Intel based ;)

3. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

It could be something that would make my day.. depends what else happens that day. :D

4. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

You mean out there? but that were bad things happen, i will never go out :)

Well my pc freezes a lot, crashs and does what windows are good at doing (anythign apart from work) but i just want a really powerfull one to replace my PC needs, as it is now i need to use a pc but when the intel PM's come out there will be no need to use a pc, something i am looking for.

Yes i do have an intel iMac but thats where i do my work i am looking for something that i can do everything else on.

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

I am waiting for a Rev-B personally, but when the Core 2 MBPs are released, woah am I ready! :D

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Yes, I think you're the only one. :D

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Be patient - only a couple more months until WWDC!

8. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

Yup, you're the only one. I have a quad, so I'm content.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

nope your not the only one waiting. i'm not, but i'm sure there are others. but then again, not all the 'pro' apps are universal yet, so its not like it would make too much of a difference at this point.

10. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

So you have an iMac, a MBP, a mini, and a PC as your main desktop? That's a nice selection of machines you've got there...I'm curious what exactly do you use them all for?

11. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

You're not the only one. I'm waiting for an Intel Powermac, Mac pro, whatever it'll be called. As long as it's a tower and it's low-mid end. Not really interested in the iMac.

They're on the way! :cool:

12. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

That's right - some Pro users may be waiting for another year actually, until CS3 is released next spring.

13. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Shard - I'll double ditto that thought. Running Powerpoint under Rosetta on a core duo - well, lets just say it leaves a lot to be desired. Our QUAD is ROCK SOLID STABLE and fast. I am going to give the new Intel Mac Pro some time before even thinking about purchasing.

14. matthews1492 macrumors member

powermac g5

right now I'm chugging along with painter and cs2 on my imac g5, does anyone think the prices of g5 powermacs will dip close to 1000 when the intels come out? cs2 and painter do everything I need right now, and though the new PM's will be tempting, having to fork over more to rebuy the entire suite is going to be frustrating.

a sidequestion - if you end up buying an adobe upgrade, I know they request your serial number and right now I can have two liscences with cs2 for my laptop and imac, will those be disabled with a creative suite upgrade? so would buying the cs3 upgrade with a new Mac pro force me to take cs2 off one of those systems?

thanks!

15. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

No you are not alone. (hums MJ tune...) I also am looking forward to this release, and intend to buy one within the year.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Sad you seem to have 2 possibly 3 intel macs already and yet still desire the powermac like a fountain of youth. Some people would love to have just one of your 4 computers......me included. Computers are just tools nothing more nothing less

Me, on the otherhand, would love to do an engine swap to my car! lol

17. steelfist macrumors 6502a

if apple follows the same trend as their powerpc lineups, then the highest model will have 4 core duo processers. but that's just a speculation.

wonder when will there be a new case design. can't think of any design better than the g5 one. if only if it has dust filters...

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

If Apple wants to do this, then they will be forced to go with Woodcrest for at least that top end model - Conroe does not support dual socket configuration. :cool:

19. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Since Woodcrest is a glorified Conroe, I suppose it doesn't really matter ;)

20. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Judging from the PowerPC to Intel transitions so far (e.g., iMac G5 to iMac Core Duo), I think that Apple will keep the same beautiful case as the Power Mac G5 currently uses for the Mac Pro. :)

21. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

HAAHHAHAHHAHAHaH...If you really have all of those, then why are you so excited to wait for a powermac? Shouldnt you know that your intel imac is just as fast as a powermac today...:/

idk...im not accusing you, but it seems pretty funny!

What I was going to say is that the iMac should suffice your needs at this time, butI personally dont think we are going to see an Intel Pmac before WWDC.