Am I the only one who HATES Creative Zens?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by imacintel, Sep 14, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

I hate them! I wish I had never bought mine! The charge very slowly, they weigh a ton. They look cool, thats all.

Thoughts?

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

What do you really think you are going to accomplish on an Apple Rumors forum? Obviously there will a bias against it ;)

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My thoughts exactly! I mean seriously? Of course we hate it...if we didn't hate it we would have saved a couple hundred and bought one!

4. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Well now you have to save more to get one :p

5. Lau Guest

My brother loves his Micro, but then he loves his HP laptop. I don't really talk about him. ;)

6. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Ugh. I had a 5GB Zen Micro last year in July, and it was a pain in the ass to get songs on it, and pretty much just having it interface with the computer was a pain. I took it back and swapped it for a green 4GB iPod mini the next week or so. Everything that was hard on the Zen Micro was suddenly a cinch with the mini. :)

7. Dino451 macrumors 6502

Devils Advocate

I have a 5GB Micro and love it(as a device). It has many features that I wish the Ipod had(RADIO PLEASE!!!!). I have tortured my micro and it has lasted alot longer than a ipod would have IMO. The downfall of creatives Zen Micro is that it is very hard to oragnize music and add content to it. I also have a 30 GB 5G and prefer it becasue it is super easy with Itunes to organize, add, delete and SYNC!!. If the IPOD had a built in radio I would get rid of my Zen, but apple keeps forgetting to add one. So overall I like the micro but do not prefer it when it comes down adding music or doing a sync(just horrible).

8. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Yeah iPod has charm (style, size, looks, etc) and awesome software (iTunes) going for it, but features wise, Creative is ahead I think, still, to some people, a nice stylish small pretty player thats very easy to use might be all they need :p

9. Bru5ter macrumors newbie

I read that quote athought it was so funny - you have just described my experience with iPod!!!! All but the weight issue

10. Bru5ter macrumors newbie

What a stupid irelevant comment

11. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Just might be her experience ... I've had a bad HP tower before, so I know where she's coming from. I thought it was hilarious. And the OP was asking for opinions, so we're going to get some, including mine. :)

Although the other DAPs might beat the iPod on hardware features, the iPod wins on usability and integration. People were making the same hardware feature-oriented comments back when the iPod was a $400 5 GB HD and Mac-only. Look at Dino451's comment regarding hating adding music or syncing. His/her problems could be solved with an iPod + dock-connected tuner, but if he/she can't stand peripherals that's personal taste.

Personally, I hate radio because it sucks here but that's just my opinion too. :D

12. Bru5ter macrumors newbie

just because you have 1 bad experience with 1 product never allows you to bag the whole system. I guess that is just a personality fault on their behalf.

I bought my wife a nano last year, and we have had to get the bloody thing replaced 3 times so far. It just doesn t like to recharge on anything else than a MAC. AND YES WE HAVE USB2

This experience hasnt tainted the G5 I use at work, nor the PC or Pc laptop I own.

Remember 1 bad apple doesn t spoil the bunch.

13. Lau Guest

Hey, thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes: It was, what I believe is called a "light-hearted comment". You go and look that up...

My brother does like his Micro though, and as far as I know he hasn't has any problems with it.

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

and neither does one bad sense of humor. ;)

15. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I always do a double-take when I see people pull them out on the train, it's just so weird for me. They look so clunky and... I guess "inelegant" is the word I'm looking for. The iPod interface is just so much smoother and intuitive.

16. mpw Guest

You want to check what you're posting before you snipe at others.

But you can't have something replaced 3 times, surely you get 3 things replaced once?

Who said Lau had 1 bad experience with 1 product and now 'bags the whole system'. Maybe her brothers HP laptop is a POS that's the only product she mentioned, I don't read her ranting against HP

Bunches of apples?

If you're gonna accuse people of having personality faults I'd be careful who you pick on, just some friendly advice.

17. iGary Guest

iGary

As is yours.

You might want to learn how to spell big words before you use them. ;)

18. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

I hate them, they are SO ugly;)

I would rather not have a radio, and have a thinner and lighter iPod, than have that stupid thick creative rubbish...

If you really want a radio, just get the iPod radio remote:rolleyes:

19. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I have a Zen Vision M. Excellent device. Much better than the iPod until the latest 5.5g one anyway. Fantastic battery life (a weak spot on the older iPod for sure), bright clean display. It's a tad larger, but I'll gladly give that up for more battery life. My pocket is the same size on my shirts and jackets. I don't care how small the device gets. Fill the whole pocket is fine with me, just give it good battery life. I will give the iPod serious consideration now with the updates that have been made.

20. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I know it cost more to add but you could get the iPod radio remote and give up the Zen. It seems the added 50 bucks is a small price to pay for the added benefit of only using the iPod. I bought the radio remote and love it.

21. ryanx27 macrumors member

So is that...

22. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It's taken two creative zen's to switch me to an ipod. Creative Zen Touch, lasted just over 12 months (typical, just outside warranty), headphone jack packed in:mad: , Creative Zen Sleek Photo (hell knows why i got this, was only £10 cheaper than an ipod video) , lasted about..oh...6 months, and the battery died. that was enough, returned for refund got video ipod, so far so good.

23. Dino451 macrumors 6502

I am already concidering getting the remote but come on, Is it really that difficult to add a radio internally. Its a feature everyone else has. The main point is basically why not. Apple can do this but wish not to just becasue they know they can make more money selling the remote.

24. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

They look cool... :confused:

Eh?

They look cheaply made and cheaply designed. Great value though, so you basically get what you pay for.

25. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    The only reason I would get anything other than an iPod is for the ability to record line and/or mic in.