Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sapibobo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
It is my third week using Macbook Pro 13" with Touch Bar, and i think i like the new keyboard. Better than the old one (2015 FT). Yes it is "clacky" and noisy, but i think the sound is just about right and i like the feeling of it.

It might takes time to get used to, i need about one week in a hell-of-pages written to know its "character".

One think i really still struggling is that i frequently inadvertently touch the upper parts of the touch bar, mainly on the right up side, near the touch ID.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
One think i really still struggling is that i frequently inadvertently touch the upper parts of the touch bar, mainly on the right up side, near the touch ID.
Your issue is not unique, others have stated mistakenly hit the esc key on this new keyboard.

Enjoy your new baby though :)

Seed101

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2015
I like my new keyboard.
I think I like my new keyboard.
Here's a list of things I don't like about my new keyboard.

Cheers pal, :)

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
I too have to admit, i really like the new keyboard. It feels "faster" and like you need less effort. I have it sitting next to my 2008 uMB, and the old keyboard feels "spongy".

My only gripe so far is the missing tactile feel of an escape key.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I wanted the TB to always show expanded but that came with a cost. I had the same problem but I was accidentally hitting the brightness up and down. It drove me crazy.

iasix

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2016
I love this keyboard. I have the non-TB version (returned the TB because of battery life) and seriously, every time I use a 'normal' keyboard or even the keyboard of my 2013 rMBP (I still have that one for work), it feels as if I'm typing so much less comfortable. It's an amazing keyboard, for me. I think a lot of people who typ as fast as I do will agree.

k2743

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2016
I love the new keyboard too! Don't understand all the negative comments. I love how clicky it is, it's so satisfying to type on, and the keys themselves just look so much neater especially with the backlighting. Very happy. Have no complaints about my space grey 13 inch nTB, despite all the poor reviews. Love it, it's a beautiful machine.

lobo1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I was about to open similar thread. After more than a month I love this keyboard!!

I noticed how easy it is to clean. They have changed/upgraded coating on keys as they are not getting shine quick + I like soft touch on them.

I will never look back to previous MBPr generation (although I still have one at home - passed it to my girlfriend).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.