Am I the only person who reads Sabrina-Online?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jalexster, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i have never heard of it and concequentally therefore have not read it! that makes you one person closer to being the only person who reads it!

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Well I just read all of them... pretty good comic, it has a nice consistent plot, which I like.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I know of it, but haven't read it. I have about 15 comics in my bookmark bar though :D

5. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

... Sad ... sad ... people ... [shakes head] ...

... [opens "Dilbert"]

:D

6. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dilbert? Are you kidding? You better be! Dilbert is nothing is comparison to Sabrina-Online.
    Family Guy summed it up perfectly:

Wally: "Dilbert, what do you call it when a person gets transfered from tech support, to the boss's office?"
    Dilbert: "I don't know, what do you call it?"
    Wally: "A promotion!"
    Dilbert: "Oh... Here's a memo."

7. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Hey! Don't mess with Dilbert. I think Dilbert is superb. Especially the dilbert books by Scott Adams. Naturally, The Dilbert Principle is the best of those.

I somehow feel Dilbert fits right into the mac-user world. Dunno why, it just does.

9. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

yes you are the only person! sorry were... you seemed to have opened a book here.

10. Zion Grail macrumors regular

No, you're not the only one. I read a lot of online comics, and Sabrina-Online is one of them. Along with VG Cats, Penny Arcade, PvPOnline, Applegeeks, Joy of Tech, Sinfest, Ozy and Millie, and a ton of others.

11. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I do. Have the hardcopy comics of it. I'm a big fan of anthropomorphic “stuff”. This is one of the better ones out there. Another good one is the extinctioners. Sort of a X-Men meets your local zoo I guess it the best way to describe it. ;) Its WAY different is another way to describe it.

12. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I don't know how I'd survive a workday without my DDD (Daily Dose of Dilbert.)

13. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

PS. Careful where you wander around Mr. Schwartz's sites. Browse far enough and you can get into some *cough* interesting content that is FAR from rated G if you get my drift. ;)

14. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Noted. In made a change to my opening message, warning people of this.

Sabrina-Online, certainly does have some... Interesting Situations... Indeed...

15. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did I scare everyone away? Is that why I am posting? Or am I just afraid that this thread will die, and people won't see it?

16. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just had a look at some official Sabrina Online artwork.
    The comics are practically clean and safe compared to the artwork...

I'm only posting this so my topic dosen't fall too low, aren't I?

17. Dros macrumors 6502

Is this comic part of the furry subculture? It looks like it. But in some comics, talking animals are just talking animals, so hard to tell.

18. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Dude give it up. Its a good comic but not worth keeing a thread alive for it. Don't turn into one of those Sabrina fanboys. ;)

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Hehe. There's a topic that deserves its own thread. A couple friends and I have had long debates on this subject since I like anthropomorphic comics, stories, cartoons, etc but don't define myself as part of the subculture in the way society portrays them. (E.g. Getting it on with stuffed animals, dressing up as some animal etc.) Which wandered off into the topic of what actually defines what a furry is. Which wandered off on why words are associated with certain groups of people and have certain positive and negative connotations and why..*shakes head* never mind. It was a long evening and a lot of beer. :)

As for your question.
    Yes and no. Yes to the extent that it deals with anthropomorphic forms. No in that it doesn't deal with the more seeder side of the culture. More specifically its like saying Garfield the movie is part of that furry thing yet a lot of people saw it and enjoyed it. OK that would be a lie. The movie sucked.