Amazing auto racing crash...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kered22, Sep 27, 2006.

1. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=katherine+legge&search=Search

Just look for the Road America titled files, some are from Eurosport but most are from speed channel.

Here's Katherines interview on CBS yesterday:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/26/earlyshow/main2039375.shtml

I was watching that race and it was pretty horrifying until they interviewed Steve Johnson, the President of Champcar. When I first saw it, I immediately thought of Greg Moores crash at California Speedway in 1999, the similarities were uncanny. It's amazing she got out of that with just a bruised knee.

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Wow! She is one lucky individual. :)

3. iGav macrumors G3

It reminds me a lot of Jeff Krosnoff's crash the way it rode the fencing, she was fortunate that it didn't dig in and pitch into the wall like Greg's did though. Personally I don't think the 2007 DP01 chassis can come quick enough.

A very lucky girl indeed.

4. kered22 thread starter macrumors 6502

kered22

Yeah, it's a good thing there weren't any trees or bridges over the track in that area.

Did you see Wind Tunnel? They had Dr. Steve Olvey on (promoting his new book) and he was mentioing how the way she went into the wall was almost like an oval crash. The thing that saved her was that there was no sudden stop but everything broke up taking most of the energy with it. Still looks extremely frighenting though.

And yeah no kidding about the DP01. The Lolas are great cars but I think their age is really showing. Servias crashes at Porland where something just broke (suspension or steering arm I believe) and now Katherines rear wing just coming off like that. I'm glad there are only 2 races left.

5. Cube54 macrumors regular

Cube54

Yes it was!

Better than Alex Zanardi's legs wouldn't you say?? Or perhaps...

*RuSPORT driver da Matta suffered serious head injuries when his car hit a deer during testing at the scenic Wisconsin track on August 3*

As for this nonsence ..

Next time tell your mother you're watching TV so she can explain to you the difference between fiction & non-fiction.

Greg Moore died because that race-track was a deathtrap (still is?) and you were in diapers when that happened :D

6. kered22 thread starter macrumors 6502

kered22