iPad mini Amazing Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cristian.ny, Dec 22, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

After having my iPad mini for a little over a week I am amazed about how long the battery lasts. Here is my usage...

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68030

Spink10

I saw similar results before returning my iPad Mini - although it was counting "usage time" when it was asleep. (Cant prove it - but my usage time was way too high.)

3. macrumors 68040

iPad 4.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

5. macrumors 68000

OP, what were you doing with your iPad during that time? Battery life will vary depending on usage, so just posting the times without any context isn't very revealing.

The iPad has phenomenal standby life. When Steve Jobs announced the first iPad, he claimed it had a standby time of 30 days. I'm sure the latest generations are no slouches either.

6. macrumors 68040

zhenya

iPad 4

[​IMG]

7. macrumors 68020

Stating battery life of any individuals iPhone, iPad, MBA, MBP is rather useless. There are simply too many variables. What I do know is that in the big picture Apple does a pretty good job at balancing the various challenges when choosing the battery capacity, charging characteristics & run times. Over the years I've just kept up to date with Apples battery charge & maintenance info, and enjoyed great service & lifespans from the products I've purchased.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I knew that was coming, I mostly spent the time using safari, ski safari and YouTube on auto brightness and a some iMessaging.

9. macrumors 6502a

My Ipad 2 has longer usage time. But i heard Ipad 4 has the longest.

It really depend what you use it for. I play hardcore games with unreal engine like Epoch, Batman lockdown continuously and battery die faster.