Amazing Coldplay Concert

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyeluvmyimac, Feb 10, 2003.

1. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

I went to the concert last night in Phx Az and I have to say, that was the most awesome concert I have ever been to. It was WAY wicked. WAY cool. The lighting effects were amazing, the songs were outstanding, and the energy of the crowd and band was terrific. (aww yea, you like those adj?) Seriously though, they opened with Politik, pounding away and it was so cool, they had these super bright white lights flashing with every beat and we could just see silhouttes then when it changed it was just roving blue in the foggy air, then back to the flashing white etc. And during yellow, the crowd was nuts and they everything was bathed in, what else, yellow. And people were smoking weed like no other as you could smell without a second sniff. And there were four motion screens behind the band with each focusing on a member of the band, projecting them in black and white and occasionally adding some color effects. They played seven songs from their new album, 5 from their old album, and 3 new songs for a total of about 90 minutes including two encores. If anyone has a chance to go, do it. Tickets are cheap and it was a personal atmosphere here. In the paper they wrote, "...fans attending this concert at the Dodge were lucky, next time around they will probably be performing at a larger venue like America West Arena or Criket Pavillion."

It was awesome!

2. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i would love to go to a coldplay concert, there my favorite current band right now

3. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Jeff Buckley

Not making comparisons except that I like them as much as eachother.
    Wondered If you'd listened to the "Grace" album it's a bit like crossing coldplay and led zep.

4. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I was filming at Glastonbury last year - and had the choice of filming Coldplay or Garbage (they performed at the same time on different stages).

No contest - Garbage won hands down.

That doesn't mean that Coldplay aren't good, but Shirley Manson does it for me more than Chris Martin ever could...

...must be his stubble!

;)

5. Flyers486 macrumors member

I saw Coldplay 2 years ago in Philadelphia front row. They were incredible then and I hope that in two more weeks they will be incredible once more :)