Amazing Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fivetoadsloth, Jan 1, 2007.

1. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

3. taytho macrumors 6502

4. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Yeah, it's awesome... too bad it's been promised for about 3-4 years. I'll post the vaporware list when I find the link

EDIT: It was promised for 2006. Link to the vaporware list

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Agreed!

The other issue is the LED technology that lights up the keys. It is known for it's high failure rate, and high cost.

6. vniow macrumors G4

Vapourware indeed. It's finally coming out this year but at a price of around $1,200 or so, more than twice as high than its initial projections. It's a neat concept and all but far far too expensive for consumer or even prosumer use.

7. fivetoadsloth thread starter macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Eh, Hadnt seen that :eek: , though I was guessing the price to be ridiculous. i still however still find the concept very cool.

8. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Then it'll be perfect for those cost-conscious (sp?) people buying mac minis... :rolleyes:

PS: The nerve! On their site they have a release date of 14.07.2005

9. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

this thing looks absolutely awesome and such a well reasoned solution. Minus one issue, of course. what happens if you are someone who works in one application and routinely switches to other applications e.g., typing in word and want to check email and then go onto macrumors? this might be addressed somewhere, but I sure didn't see it. I see the set of keys that show the different modes, but that seems a bit cumbersome, although not too bad. I was just wondering if it did this intuitively based on the application you have running in the front of the screen.

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Ive been following this for about 2 years. I got bored and I am not bothered about it now. The price also doesnt impress me.

11. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

this reminds me of that ultra sleek, ultra thin keyboard from logitech. but im not paying 200 for a keyboard

12. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I've been waiting for this for a while. I've ordered a couple of the 3-key units and will order the keyboard when it comes out.

13. wozzlewoozle macrumors regular

That's a pretty cool keyboard, with many useful possible applications. however, it's gotta sell for quite a bot less than $1200 before many get one...

14. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I've been following this for a while now. When the price was announced I was turned off instantly. $1200 for a keyboard. Sure having the keys change from program to program is cool but you could buy a MacBook for that price. For me to pay $1200 for a keyboard it would have to do a lot more.

15. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Beautiful, but too much to pay for a keyboard.

16. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

the price listed is insane. is this a really solid number here or is this the kind of product that could easily have a much lower price mark? if it is to get used even by professionals 1200 is completely over the top because lets say, for the more extreme example, you are a serious pro graphic designer, you are only going to need it to change the keyboard layout so many times based on the applications you are using. the point is that the utility does not come close to the price.

17. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

Good question.

If the keys don't change as you alt+tab through applications it will be stupid and a complete waste.

18. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The main end-user market for this is undoubtedly the geek, but it's not the sort of geek who has to choose between this and a laptop ;)