Amazing tech support

Discussion in 'iPod' started by buywisdom, Nov 7, 2005.

1. buywisdom macrumors member

About a week ago I got a 60gb black ipod video, I noticed that the battery wasn't really living up to its supposed 20 hours(more like 9~10) so today I took the unit to my apple store and they gave me a new one, no hassle nothing I was in and out in 7 mins. Fantastic, just thought I would share.

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Good to hear, buywisdom! It's not often you read about positive experiences at stores here; there usually rants. Thanks for sharing :)

3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

wasn't there a newspost a while ago saying that apple had told its retailers to replace malfunctioning video ipods for six weeks or something with nearly no questions asked?

Glad to see it's actually happening!

4. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I can atest to this as well. The Apple Store at Yorkdale (Toronto) replaced my 30GB iPod. I told them the battery life was less than expected even after having calibrated the battery several times and they gave me a new one. It was, obviously, still within th e14 day period.

5. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Did you guys buy it from that apple store or did you get it from somewhere else and get an exchange?

Also, did the exchange fix your problem? I am hesitant to exchange in fear of getting a more defective one.

6. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I returned it to the store I bought it at. In reality it was because of scratching through my own use because I didn't bother to wait for a case. The battery life reasoning seemed to be an ok reason to exchange it though.

7. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

Question. If i bought it online could i still get it replaced at Yorkdale? And having it engraved make me screwed for any fixes?