Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Amazon's search engine is awful.
Not sure if Apple made the right decision on this hire.

I hope his work for Apple is better than what he did at A9.

Amazon's search engine leaves the most to be desired of any major site I regularly visit.

icerabbit

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2006
Good lord ... A9 going to Apple?

Amazon can be a huge mess to find what you want, to the point where you google what you want and click on an Amazon link google serves you. You can literally look for a particular brand or even specific model number and be inundated with two dozen competitor's products per page. Then if you want to enable sorting, and you dare to mess with a category, there's no telling what results you get. Sort by lowest price first on a brand & model. Everything and the kitchen sink is thrown in. People have been giving negative feedback on search results from Amazon for years. Each time I think they fixed this or that, a couple weeks later, it is a mess again with something else I'm looking for.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Introduce fuzzy search first, Apple! If you spell a word incorrectly, you get zero results. Annoying in the App Store, but even more annoying in Maps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.