Amazon Add-On

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thatoneguy82, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors demi-god

thatoneguy82

I don't know when this started since I have a Prime membership and frankly, I don't care. Apparently, some items are "add-on" items that are priced so low that it would be "cost-prohibitive" to ship by itself. Therefore, it has to be shipped with other items to exceed $25 or you can exceed it by just changing the quantity of the item itself to exceed $25. Proceeding to checkout is impossible, the item is removed from the cart. Changing the quantity at the final page, removes the add-on item.

Basically, if you buy something labeled as an "add-on" item, be aware that it's going to cost you at least $25.

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Yeah. Not for everything though. I think they're trying to get rid of the people who buy $0.99-2 dollar items like every week. It's not profitable.

3. thread starter macrumors demi-god

thatoneguy82

I understand that I suppose. But, it's ridiculous how it's practically shoved down your throat that you cannot checkout until your order exceeds $25 if you have an add-on item, even if it's 24.99. Prime members shouldn't be subjected to this since we get free shipping all the time anyway.