Amazon Apple Computer Rebates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fire4Effect, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Fire4Effect macrumors newbie

Dec 21, 2006
    Does anyone know if Amazon’s 1 rebate per household condition is based on the rebate promo ID or it’s just a blanket limit on all Apple computers with no date of expiration on the 1 rebate per household condition? Nobody at Amazon seems to know.

My wife purchased an Apple 24 inch iMac desktop computer and I purchased a MacBook at different times in December and after we received both computers I downloaded the rebate forms for each and noticed they both had the same promo ID. When I asked about claiming the rebates for the two different systems they told me we could only claim one, but I could never get clarification if it was due to the promo ID’s being the same or it was just a blanket limit on all apple systems going to the same household. I am hoping someone here had purchased two Apple systems from Amazon with different promo ID’s and could verify if they were able to claim both rebates.

I was going to buy an Apple mac pro through Amazon, but am holding off until it is clear if I can claim the $200.00 Amazon rebate for a second Apple system with a different promo ID.
  2. Fire4Effect thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 21, 2006
    It took a couple of weeks and many e-mail and phone calls to Amazon, but I finally received an answer. Looks like the 1 rebate per household condition is specific to the promo ID so you could claim multiple rebates as long as the promo ID’s are different.:)