Amazon.com Customer Service

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Capt Underpants, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I've been looking on Amazon's site for a customer service phone number of email address, and I can't find anything. Does anyone know how I can contact them?

2. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Why? If they made it easy to find then everybody would be wanting good service and answers to their questions. That would break the profit model.

Remember one axiom of mass marketing... if you aren't getting complaints, you are spending too much on customer service... So somewhere around 70% happy, 28% somewhat unhappy but not so much as to do anything about it, 1.5% actively unhappy but can't find the address to complain to and 0.5% who successfully complain -- that seems workable for a lot of businesses.

I mean, when's the last time you got poor service in MacBurgers, or WalThing or BestBytes? Happens weekly, doesn't it? When's the last time you actually wrote a letter to management? Are you going back again next week, however reluctantly, 'cause it's convenient, or they have something else you want? See, the model works.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Agreed. I had big Amazon UK problems at Christmas. A v kind MR member sent me the UK phone number but I also vented on BBC radio so I felt a little better. I haven't used Amazon since aside from using the vouchers they sent me as compensation.

If I get bad service, then I'll give the company a chance to put it right or I'll vote with my feet not to use them again. And I'll pass the bad news to other friends/family.

If I feel particularly strongly, I'll look out a contact number/email and tell them why I'm no longer shopping with them. In some cases, companies aren't always aware how their service appears to end-consumers. If they don't know that something's wrong, they can't fix it.