amazon.com ship dates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by netb0y, Feb 22, 2006.

1. netb0y macrumors regular

netb0y

What ship dates do people who ordered from amazon.com have? I ordered Jan 31 and have an April 7 ship date.

EDIT: I am talking about the MacBook Pro 15"

2. psycho- macrumors member

I have a mid april ship date too. This should be revised when they actually have them ready to ship.

3. netb0y thread starter macrumors regular

netb0y

Thats what I am hoping. The MacBook Pros are still listed as pre-order items so I guess they are still waiting to get them in stock.

4. McCarron macrumors regular

I ordered on January 27, 2006 and have an estimated ship date of March 29, 2006. This is for a 2.0 model.

5. netb0y thread starter macrumors regular

netb0y

Mine was the 1.83 model. Hopefully they'll get some stock in and update their shipping dates.

6. MacSyn macrumors regular

Ordered on 2/8, ship date is still 4/12. If I didn't get it by mid March, I might cancel it and get a BTO from Apple.

7. PLin macrumors 6502

I originally ordered the 1.83 (now 2.0) on Jan 15 before they offered a rebate, and I was given an estimated ship date of March 17. I cancelled and reordered on Jan 28 to qualify for the rebate that the ship date changed to March 30.

Last week, my ship date actually changed to Feb 17 and has been stuck there ever since without any indication of shipment. I called Amazon, and they told me that the release date for the item is April 13.

I've noticed that Amazon's ship date is very inaccurate. I ordered an iPod Radio Remote in January that showed a ship date of March 30 even though the product page said that it ships in 2-3 days. When I called today, I inquired about the inconsistency, and the rep did something to make the item ship today.

I also ordered the Apple USB Modem that was released in November. Even today, Amazon's product page states that the item has not been released. I ended up having to cancel my order and purchase it from a different store.

8. jungsuh macrumors newbie

delivery date May 2nd

I just ordered the 2.0 model 2/22 from Amazon with the estimated delivery date of May 3rd to 5th.

9. PieMac macrumors 6502a

I odered the 2.0 on Feb. 2nd with a ship date of April 5th and I also ordered the 1.83 on Feb. 10th with a ship date of April 11th. No, I'm not getting two, I'm just still trying to decide which to go with and I figure I have a little time to think it over. :rolleyes:

The 2.0 was purchased with the older rebate offer that has to be submitted by March 7th. I called and spoke with a customer service rep. and he assured me that the rebate would be honored with the late ship dates as the rebate is offered by Amazon. He also made a notation on my order just to be sure that there won't be any future misunderstanding. The 1.83 is the current rebate so I'm not as concerned.

I bought my last three Apple computers from Amazon...usually they ship well before the date listed. I would be very surprised if they didn't ship soon. I'm going to give them another week or two and I might have to break down and order from Apple. In fact, as a back-up plan, I called the local Apple store (2 hours away) and had them reserve one for me just in case.

10. brett4got macrumors newbie

Ordered Jan. 29th, estimated ship date of March 31st. 2.0/1GB.

11. PLin macrumors 6502

Amazon must have gotten a shipment, because my MacBook 2.0GHz is now in the "Shipping Soon" stage. I placed the order on January 28.

12. Bunsen Burner macrumors regular

Ordered a 1.83 on Jan 14. Amazon cancelled the order on Feb. 14 and placed a 'new' order same day for the 2.0. Shipping date has been March 20 from my initial order and has not changed.

No 'shipping soon' yet.

BB

P.S. I was told that the rebate will be honored after the 28th due to the back ordered nature of the MBPs. We will have to call Amazon upon receipt of the unit so they can manually enter us into the rebate pool. I was also told NOT to send in the usual forms until Amazon had cleared the way, making sure our 'late' rebate tickets will be approved.

13. PLin macrumors 6502

What shipping method did you choose for your order? I have Amazon Prime, so I chose overnight shipping for $3.99. If you chose Super Saver shipping, then Amazon usually takes their time to ship your order.

14. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Yep, I cancelled my order that I placed on 2/2 with a ship date of April 5 and re-ordered the 2.0 and chose one day ship-now says ship date 2/27 (Monday!!) to arrive 2/28 (Tuesday!!) :)

Too, I notice that the 1.83 still has an April ship date.

15. Bunsen Burner macrumors regular

Just got off the horn with Amazon. Long story short, my MBP is now shipping the 27th, to arrrive on the 1st or 2nd. It seems that those who ordered "Super Saver Shipping" are getting pushed to the back of the queue despite the original order date. For this, I gave Amazon a hefty ration of ****. There is absolutely nothing on thier site which states that cheap shipping demotes one's status. Wholly unacceptable.

BB

16. PLin macrumors 6502

Actually, when you choose Super Saver Shipping, an important message shows up at the top of the page telling you that "your order will take an additional 3-5 days to ship." This is their way to get you to pay for shipping.

When you cycle through the shipping methods on the final checkout page, this delay is even reflected in the "Estimated ship date." If you try to purchase a MacBook 2.0GHz now, Super Saver Shipping gives you an estimated shipping date of March 2, while all of the other shipping methods that are not free give you an estimated shipping date of February 27.

17. Bunsen Burner macrumors regular

An addtional week for shipping is exactly what I expected. I did not, though, expect to be pushed to the back of the queue. There is a very large difference betwixt the two.

BB

18. verbose macrumors member

What's their number?

19. PieMac macrumors 6502a

1-800-201-7575

20. McCarron macrumors regular

I placed my 2.0ghz MBP on the 27th and I too used Amazon Prime Next Day shipping. I don't see a "Shipping Soon" stage on my order.

21. verbose macrumors member

Thanks!

So I just called, and the CSR I got said they haven't received their shipment. So despite ordering on 1/22 with overnight shipping, my order is not getting shipped yet.

22. PieMac macrumors 6502a

You probably will be better off placing a new order with the immediate updated ship date and once that order is established, cancelling your original (that's what I did and my ship date is Monday-although it's still in "open order" status at this moment). I've done this many times in the past...sometimes the order queue doens't go as it should and you could get passed over-it's happened to me before.

23. verbose macrumors member

Okay, called back with more information. They updated me to a shipping date of today, without having to reorder or cancel. I'm apparently going to get it on Tuesday, since they won't actually ship until Monday. Not sure then what "Shipping today" means to them, but I've had enough of this. On to more important things this weekend.

24. PLin macrumors 6502

I agree with this method. Amazon's order system seems to have problems automatically shipping out preorders. I preordered the Sony DSC-M2 camera, but my order didn't even move for 4 days even after the product page was updated to "usually ships with 24 hours." I called Amazon, and the customer service rep immediately resolved the problem, and the order shipped that day.

I also ordered the iPod Radio Remote when Amazon was out of stock. My order showed an April delivery. Eventually, I noticed that the product page showed "2-3 day delivery" for about a week, but my order still showed the April delivery. I called Amazon, and the order went out that day.

For both of these cases, I would have simply placed a new order and then cancel the existing "stuck" order, but I had used promotion coupons that had since expired, so I wouldn't have been able to use the coupons for the new orders.

25. psycho- macrumors member

I just cancelled my earlier orders. Reordered a new one. Shipping out monday.