Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
psycho- said:
I just cancelled my earlier orders. Reordered a new one. Shipping out monday.

Is your order status "not yet shipped" or "shipping soon"? Mine is still "not yet shipped" and I may be giving them a call if it doesn't change by tonight. I've had too many orders get stuck in this process in the past-guess I'm a bit paranoid at this point :rolleyes:

psycho-

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Del Mar, CA
PieMac said:
Is your order status "not yet shipped" or "shipping soon"? Mine is still "not yet shipped" and I may be giving them a call if it doesn't change by tonight. I've had too many orders get stuck in this process in the past-guess I'm a bit paranoid at this point :rolleyes:

It's not yet shipped. The order is still awaiting verification. But, I'll see what happens tomorrow.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
psycho- said:
It's not yet shipped. The order is still awaiting verification. But, I'll see what happens tomorrow.
I had an order into Apple for a 2.0 that isn't scheduled to ship until March 20th. So I placed an order for the 2.0 from Amazon about an hour ago. I called in and talked to an Amazon rep who told me more or less it could ship or not. If it was to be delayed I would receive an email. If it shipped I would receive an email. I would consider it a stroke of luck if this computer ships on Monday. Seems like I've been waiting forever for it. I will post here if I get any shipping update.

psycho-

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Del Mar, CA
teerexx52 said:
I had an order into Apple for a 2.0 that isn't scheduled to ship until March 20th. So I placed an order for the 2.0 from Amazon about an hour ago. I called in and talked to an Amazon rep who told me more or less it could ship or not. If it was to be delayed I would receive an email. If it shipped I would receive an email. I would consider it a stroke of luck if this computer ships on Monday. Seems like I've been waiting forever for it. I will post here if I get any shipping update.

I was just charged. I can't cancel my order anymore.

psycho-

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Del Mar, CA
Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped

Shipping estimate: February 25, 2006
Delivery estimate: March 1, 2006

The product is in shipping now.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
psycho- said:

Shipping estimate: February 25, 2006
Delivery estimate: March 1, 2006

The product is in shipping now.

Your shipping estimate is today? Interesting...I re-ordered last night and my shipping estimate is 2/27 Monday for delivery 2/28, Tuesday-but then again, I'm a prime member and am doing the one day shipping option.

If it's in the shipping phase your status should be "shipping soon" and that's when you can't cancel the order.

psycho-

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Del Mar, CA
PieMac said:
Your shipping estimate is today? Interesting...I re-ordered last night and my shipping estimate is 2/27 Monday for delivery 2/28, Tuesday-but then again, I'm a prime member and am doing the one day shipping option.

If it's in the shipping phase your status should be "shipping soon" and that's when you can't cancel the order.

THat's what I'm trying to figure out. I reordered today, I got notice that they can't charge my (amazon.com credit) card today. So, i called up, and it was put on fraud alert. once I cleared it with the cc company, I went back to amazon.com and asked for a "Retry". It seemingly went through.

So, after a few minutes, my order still said "Not Yet Shipped". But, then it suddenly didn't allow me to cancel it or change the order.

I used the amazon.com (estara) phone support system. Talked to some lady in b'lore about the order. She looked at the order, said it was sent to shipping so I can't change my order anymore.

The "march 1" reciept date isn't to far off as even if it "shipped today", it doesn't count as a business day. I selected 2 day shipping (I called to see if I can get it changed to overnight), so it would make sense if it showed up on wednesday rather than tuesday (Feb 28th)

psycho-

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Del Mar, CA
Oddly enough, it changed again

Shipping estimate: February 27, 2006
Delivery estimate: March 01, 2006

EDIT:

And it changed again:

#1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?

Delivery estimate: February 28, 2006

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2006
April 13th is the date they are telling me right now, but I showed the rep how it says it's shipping on Monday. So he switched my discounts to the new order. This is what I have now:

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
psycho- said:
Oddly enough, it changed again
EDIT:

And it changed again:

#1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?

That's a good thing...hopefully it will stay that way. Amazon's site been acting a little odd since last night. I've noticed that several times I've gotten a message that the 2.0 MBP is "no longer available from this seller and has been moved out of your cart " and then it will go back to normal status saying that it's available the very next minute.
I don't know, I'm still holding my breath until I see that it has shipped-I think it's really odd that none of the CS reps. can say for certain that they're in stock or will be-especially since they're supposed to ship out Monday.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
McCarron said:
April 13th is the date they are telling me right now, but I showed the rep how it says it's shipping on Monday. So he switched my discounts to the new order. This is what I have now:

I just called and got the same answer: April 13th but the CSR did say that the warehouse could know something they don't. Or that it could be a mistake all the way around.

If psycho-'s is in the "shipping soon" phase, then I would definitely say that they've more than likely got a shipment in. I do know from poking around on line that other large retailers are advertising shipping this coming week (MacMall and CompUSA for example).

psycho-

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Del Mar, CA
PieMac said:
I just called and got the same answer: April 13th but the CSR did say that the warehouse could know something they don't. Or that it could be a mistake all the way around.

If psycho-'s is in the "shipping soon" phase, then I would definitely say that they've more than likely got a shipment in. I do know from poking around on line that other large retailers are advertising shipping this coming week (McMall and CompUSA for example).

I guess. I also just got the pending charge thing of around 2500 bucks on chase.com from amazon.com. Chase.com always puts charges in the last 3 days or so in "pending" charges, which means that amazon.com already got its money.

I might have the wrong notion here, but I thought that the Federal Trade Comission requires that companies cannot charge unless they're shipping out either in 1 business day, or there's notification of an early "charge".

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
psycho- said:
I guess. I also just got the pending charge thing of around 2500 bucks on chase.com from amazon.com. Chase.com always puts charges in the last 3 days or so in "pending" charges, which means that amazon.com already got its money.

I might have the wrong notion here, but I thought that the Federal Trade Comission requires that companies cannot charge unless they're shipping out either in 1 business day, or there's notification of an early "charge".

Mine moved to "shipping soon" stage

My card has not been charged yet. Is that unusual?

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
teerexx52 said:
Mine moved to "shipping soon" stage

My card has not been charged yet. Is that unusual?

I don't think so...especially since it's the weekend. Mine is still saying "not yet shipped" and I re-ordered last night. Crap. :(

w8ing4intelmacs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2006
East Coast, US
Just got notice that mine's in the "Shipping Soon" stage. But I'm not banking on anything until I get a tracking number verifying that it's actually on a truck that is going somewhere. Good luck to everyone!

Aramis

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2006
East Coast
Amazon ship dates...

Of course I am a late orderer (as I am trying to find the "best" place to order as we speak). Are you stating that orders placed now on Amazon are receiving Feb 27 ship dates?

Just trying to clarify.

Thanks...

edit: Yes I am an excited switcher and Mac newbie :).

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Aramis said:
Of course I am a late orderer (as I am trying to find the "best" place to order as we speak). Are you stating that orders placed now on Amazon are receiving Feb 27 ship dates?

Just trying to clarify.

Thanks...

edit: Yes I am an excited switcher and Mac newbie :).

Yes. You can go to Amazon, put in the cart, and before you click "submit" on the very final screen, it will give you an estimated ship date.

Aramis

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2006
East Coast
Yep...you are correct.

So the Feb 27 ship date only applies to a stock 2.0 at the moment (so it seems).

Long story short...just ordered my first Mac.

Looking forward to reading and learning all I can.

Thanks for all the help so far.

A.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
Aramis said:
So the Feb 27 ship date only applies to a stock 2.0 at the moment (so it seems).

Long story short...just ordered my first Mac.

Looking forward to reading and learning all I can.

Thanks for all the help so far.

A.
Congratulations

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
Well, I realized late last night (or I should say, early this am as I couldn't sleep and was up surfing around) that I am now eligible for the A9 Amazon discount which is an additional almost $40.00 off the price of the MBP I have on order.
Since my order was still saying "not yet shipped", and many others on this thread (who actually ordered an entire day after me) had moved to the "shipping soon" phase, I was getting a bit concerned that my order had gotten stuck again (this has happened to me a few times with Amazon) so, I clicked through the checkout process and was still getting the 2/27 ship date for the MBP. That was my cue. I re-ordered with the added discount and cancelled my other order. Now I just hope that at some point today it will change status to "shipping soon".
By the way, both MBP's are now showing a ship date of 4/27 as of this morning.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
PieMac said:
Well, I realized late last night (or I should say, early this am as I couldn't sleep and was up surfing around) that I am now eligible for the A9 Amazon discount which is an additional almost $40.00 off the price of the MBP I have on order.
Since my order was still saying "not yet shipped", and many others on this thread (who actually ordered an entire day after me) had moved to the "shipping soon" phase, I was getting a bit concerned that my order had gotten stuck again (this has happened to me a few times with Amazon) so, I clicked through the checkout process and was still getting the 2/27 ship date for the MBP. That was my cue. I re-ordered with the added discount and cancelled my other order. Now I just hope that at some point today it will change status to "shipping soon".
By the way, both MBP's are now showing a ship date of 4/27 as of this morning.

Hope you get a "shipping soon updated." So now even the 2.0's are showing a ship date of 4/27? I wonder how many people would order one and wait that long? Wow!

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
teerexx52 said:
Hope you get a "shipping soon updated." So now even the 2.0's are showing a ship date of 4/27? I wonder how many people would order one and wait that long? Wow!

Thanks...you and me both!

Yep, the 2.0's are showing that ship date as well. I still think that's a blanket date and they'll get another round of them before then. That's the way Amazon usually works.

Amazon's only downfall that I know of is they're ordering system just hangs up at times with certain orders. I really wish they would address this problem. When my other half ordered her iMac G5, she had to re-order two or three times. It was stuck in the "shipping soon" phase for almost a week at one point before she finally cancelled and re-ordered. That said, here's hoping that everyone's ships successfully tomorrow!

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
PieMac said:
Thanks...you and me both!

Yep, the 2.0's are showing that ship date as well. I still think that's a blanket date and they'll get another round of them before then. That's the way Amazon usually works.

Amazon's only downfall that I know of is they're ordering system just hangs up at times with certain orders. I really wish they would address this problem. When my other half ordered her iMac G5, she had to re-order two or three times. It was stuck in the "shipping soon" phase for almost a week at one point before she finally cancelled and re-ordered. That said, here's hoping that everyone's ships successfully tomorrow!

Well I have only ordered a computer from Amazon once and that being my current 12" Powerbook and it came right away and I had no problems. I am suspicious of my current order for this Mac Book because I have been disappointed several times with my orders to Apple on line. I ordered 1/24 from Apple a 1.67 Mac Book and on Valentine's day I called in to see if the upgrade to 2.0 was done automatically or not. In the conversation I had with the rep I asked him if there was any way to speed this along. He advised me to order a 2.16 which would ship in 1-3 days. Of course it was more expensive but I reasoned that hey...what the heck I'd get it right away so I cancelled my January order and put in a new order for a 2.16. After 3 days they changed shipping on it to March 21, 2006. So acting impulsively I got mad and cancelled that order only to find out that several people who ordered them early Valendtine's day as did I actually did have them ship in 1-3 days even though the order status had changed to 3/21. So I made bad decisions several times just "so far". Now having seen and played with the 2.0 version in my local Apple Store (which of course only has demos and none for sale) I decided I really wanted a 2.0 with the bigger hard drive and more ram. So I am 15th on the list at the Apple Store for a 2.0 if and when they come and I also placed another order to Apple for a 2.0 on 2/21 that is supposed to ship 3/21. Then I see Amazon is shipping 2.0's 2/27 and I say should I order "again" from someone else and just end up disappointed. Well I guess time will tell. Anyways I couldn't have botched this whole process up more if I had done it on purpose.:)

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
teerexx52 said:
I decided I really wanted a 2.0 with the bigger hard drive and more ram. So I am 15th on the list at the Apple Store for a 2.0 if and when they come and I also placed another order to Apple for a 2.0 on 2/21 that is supposed to ship 3/21. Then I see Amazon is shipping 2.0's 2/27 and I say should I order "again" from someone else and just end up disappointed. Well I guess time will tell. Anyways I couldn't have botched this whole process up more if I had done it on purpose.:)

Ha! You sound like me...I had a 1.83 and the 2.0 ordered at Amazon first, then I called the closest Apple store (2 hours one way) and put my name on the reserve list for either the 1.83 or the 2.0. I figured I would just go with whichever shipped or came in first at this point. Oh, and I still have a 1.83 on order with Apple just in case (scheduled ship date 3/24).

All things considered, I really would prefer the 2.0 from Amazon-the savings is around $300.00 altogether and they have an excellent return policy just in case. I just really hope this order ships as promised. I still will probably stick it out with Amazon either way-the savings is just too great (unless there's a screw-up, the current MBP I have on order doesn't ship, and the end of April ship date rings true-that's just too long of a wait, I think).

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
PieMac said:
Ha! You sound like me...I had a 1.83 and the 2.0 ordered at Amazon first, then I called the closest Apple store (2 hours one way) and put my name on the reserve list for either the 1.83 or the 2.0. I figured I would just go with whichever shipped or came in first at this point. Oh, and I still have a 1.83 on order with Apple just in case (scheduled ship date 3/24).

All things considered, I really would prefer the 2.0 from Amazon-the savings is around $300.00 altogether and they have an excellent return policy just in case. I just really hope this order ships as promised. I still will probably stick it out with Amazon either way-the savings is just too great (unless there's a screw-up, the current MBP I have on order doesn't ship, and the end of April ship date rings true-that's just too long of a wait, I think).

Yes, too long a wait until the end of April. I would probably go with my current Apple order shipping 3/20. I also expect that maybe I would get one long before that from ther Apple Store itself. But then who knows.

If our Amazon orders are in fact correct and they do(did) have the product when do you think the "shipping soon" will change? Late today? Tomorrow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.