Amazon.com stops selling Macbook Pro..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jungsuh, Feb 16, 2006.

1. jungsuh macrumors newbie

Anyone care to guess as to why macbook pro 2.0 are pulled out from their sales?:confused:

2. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Hodapp

Perhaps they had already sold over the allotment Apple had scheduled to ship to them and didn't want to over-sell more?

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Amazon does some funny things sometimes. They had to pull down the original specification pages the other day, when Apple changed the specs. Did they ever cancel all the pre-orders? Now they seem to have not got the new ones listed, the 2.0 is, but as you said it states unavailable. I'm sure they'll be back up before too long.

4. McCarron macrumors regular

My order via Amazon was upgraded to the 2.0 model, they even sent me an email detailing that. Then the new model was up for sale for a bit longer, and then taken off to order.

I think that they sold through their next few shipments from Apple and is holding off on orders until they know when they are getting more.

I went through Amazon because I'm getting it for $170 cheaper than the cost with a Corporate Discount, mostly cheaper because Apple would charge about $170 worth of tax on it if I went through them. So I figured I can wait for Amazon to ship it, but I think if I walk into an Apple store this weekend and they have it in stock and can give me the Corporate Discount I may be too weak to resist.

5. jungsuh thread starter macrumors newbie

Back on sale...

I guess they are selling the second allotment??

6. generik macrumors 601

generik

It is listed again. The funny thing is the 1.67 model comes with a 200$ mail in rebate while the other one comes only with a 150$ rebate.. Hmmm