Amazon had a code last year for Apple disconut, anyone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BigB82, Aug 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I remember last year amazon did a special and had like a 25% discount code, will they do the same this year or whats the best place to get a deal?

2. macrumors 68000

ideal.dreams

If you have a Discover card you can get free one-day shipping on select items. I'm not sure if any Apple products fall under that category but the memo was student themed so I assume an Apple product would be considered educational.

3. macrumors 6502

that promotion wasn't even supposed to include apple laptops. the mistake was fixed eventually, so i don't think we will be seeing that same promotion again.

4. macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

Best. Typo. Ever.

5. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I thought of donuts. Weird.

6. macrumors 601

ixodes

Yeah I jumped on that the moment I saw it. Just got lucky as a frequent Amazon customer. Never bought an Apple laptop at such a great discount before.

Not going to see it ever again. Apple lost their cool & berated the heck out of Amazon. Stupid jerks should have just celebrated the extra customers that Apple picked up :)

7. macrumors 603

Yes, there was a Kindle Special Offers discount last summer at this time which was ended up being applicable to Apple laptops. As mentioned, it apparently wasn't supposed to. I doubt you'll see it happen again.

Best bet for savings is either buy from an authorized reseller that doesn't charge sales tax in your state, or if you have a Discover card you can go to apple.com through shopdiscover.com and get 5% cashback reward. You can even order with in-store pickup and it should work; I did that with my ipad3 and got the cashback.