Amazon is virtually out of Macbooks...what does that mean?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Wolfpup, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Sep 7, 2006
    #1 is almost completely out of Macbooks. They've got some older Pro models being clearenced out, and still have the 17" model, but that may be it.

What does that mean? Normally Amazon will still have stock even if Apple is about to release a new system, and I don't think anyone thinks we're about to get new Macbooks...

...but is something going on? Could this about a Geforce 8800GTX in the Pro, and a 7900GS in the "regular" :D All shipping with 10.5. You heard it here first! ;)
  2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Go back to sleep ;), seriously they are probably selling more the expected...
  3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    it means they are expecting a big Apple truck to arrive later today/tomorrow with more Macbooks to sell :D
  4. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    They probably sold a lot during the holidays, and haven't received new stock yet? Occasionally Amazon is lame and HAVE stock but don't update their site. (I know this because I'll order a product when it says, "Out of Stock - Order now and we'll ship to you when the product becomes available," and I'll receive the product in a week, while the site still says "Out of Stock.") I can't see them doing it with computers, but they've done it with some other products.
  5. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Sep 7, 2006
    If they are just out of stock, wouldn't they still list the pages for the systems, and just say out of stock?

There aren't even any placeholders.

That's great too if they're selling them so fast they can't keep them in stock, but I'm wondering if it's something else...