Amazon no longer direct selling MacBooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dex22, Jun 21, 2006.

1. dex22 macrumors regular

A strange thing... I noticed yesterday that Amazon's $100 rebate had disappeared, then I noticed that the Macbooks and Pros up there weren't being sold directly by Amazon, but by J&S Music and Computer. Amazon still has ads everywhere for the instant rebate.

So, the cheapest place to get a Mac is no longer the cheapest. They are now 99 cents below the Apple retail price - of course, you still save on tax and shipping.

What's up with that?

2. esaleris macrumors 6502

It's still there. The default seller is now J&R so that they can get moving. If you look to the right and under J&R's offerings, you'll see the direct-from-Amazon item, which has yet to start shipping.

3. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Dont save tax in NY... If J&R is doing it.

4. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

5. dex22 thread starter macrumors regular

I've looked up and down and all over but I can't see the section you're referring to. So I got out my dummy filter and asked my GF to look, and she can't find it either.

Worse, my previously saved wishlist link has been altered to the J&R item. :(

I don't doubt you're right, but it's frustrating that I can't find it as I'd like to order two macbooks today.

6. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Amazon is still offering the MacBooks with $100 rebate. As of 2 minutes ago the black one ships in 24 hours, and the other two are "in stock soon." There's a little box above the Add to Shopping Cart button that says "also available from J&R..."

At least that's what I'm seeing.

7. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

Under the section where you have "Add to Cart" is another section called "More Buying Choices". Amazon should be listed. I'm not sure why they set it up that way, but it's there.

8. Benjamin Black macrumors member

9. iHotu macrumors regular