Amazon not selling DS or PSP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimsowden, Feb 12, 2005.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Is it me or does amazon not sell either the Nintendo Ds or the Sony psp? For Instance

THey list that, but don't even list the PSP. Any idea why? They sell everything else nintendo and sony game related. It can't be because they're out of stock, because they have the shuffle listed for sale and thats backordered like a mother.

WWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

2. dgpaulk macrumors newbie

I would guess they don't list the psp because it hasn't been released in the states yet and won't be until late march.

3. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

They've released a date, and amazon usually posts things way in advance of that. (;))
    It doesn't make sense.

4. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

There are lots of weird things up with the PSP coming to the US, like how all retailers (lol, eb and gamestop) are ONLY selling it for ~$400!! I really don't need spiderman the game, a special case, and "1 accessory priced at $30." Plus all the news articles say the PSP is only coming to the US in a ~$200 'value pack' and that INCLUDES the official sony case, plus a movie, plus a memory card... I think I'll hold out until it either starts showing up at closer to $200 (or ~$150 like in Japan!) or something. Really, I mean, I could get an xbox+doom3+halo2+live+ect or even some refurb dell xps for nearly that! The psp does look very much superior to the ds though!...

5. vtprinz macrumors 6502

My friend (a GameStop manager) told me there was a glitch with the PSP's in Japan where if you put pressure in the right place while it was playing it would shoot the disc across the room...

Not really related, but just want to chime in :D

6. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

So there is no well known answer i'm missing.

7. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Amazon does not sell video games or video game systems. They sell those items through Toys R Us or Target on their website.

8. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Oh, ok. I wonder why? Seems like a good business for them. They still don't list the psp.