Amazon or Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sp44, Sep 20, 2006.

1. sp44 macrumors member

Sep 18, 2006
    I see the Macbook is $999 after rebate at Amazon and it's $1039 plus tax at Apple. Is it better to buy directly from Apple for warranty/repair purposes?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Nope...there's no difference. Apple will take care of you either way. As long as you don't need a customized model, Amazon is a great option.
  3. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    It will still have the same warranty from either Apple or Amazon. No tax from Amazon but you can only order standard configurations. If you want a base model MacBook, Amazon seems to be the way to go.
  4. Trebz macrumors member

Mar 2, 2006
    Apple care?

Can you add AppleCare after the purchase either by going to a store or online?

This price actually beats the teacher/faculty price, but I want to add AppleCare to any laptop I would buy, especially with all of the recent issues.
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Yes, you can buy AppleCare from anywhere, as long as you link your computer to the AppleCare package within one year from the date of purchase of the computer.
  6. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    I purchased a stock iMac from amazon, great price, shipped quickly, rebate took about 3-4 weeks, no problems at all. With no up front sales tax, A9 discount, rebates and above average customer service, amazon is a great way to go for stock models.

Well except if you're the guy who gets sent a used macbook :eek: