Amazon OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 [Please Move]

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by blkshrk81, Nov 11, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm currently in the market for an iPhone 4 (At&t) case and have been looking into the Otterbox Defender case. While the case is $49.95 on Otterbox.com, it can be found on Amazon for $16.95. Are their any differences in the cases? The Amazon price just seems too good to be true.

Thanks,

Derek

2. macrumors 6502

The 4 case DOES fit the 4S.

Only issue is that the MUTE slider is a little off but its not going to be a pain in the A$$.

People say it effects the camera but i dont think it does.

3. macrumors demi-god

soco

al0513 I don't think he meant differences between a 4 case and a 4S. I think he's asking about the difference in the wildly different prices. In other words, is the cheaper case a different case entirely.

The answer is, no.

Derek, you'll see that this particular product page on Amazon is by Cellular Star.

So while the case is $49 MSRP, you can find any manner of companies selling them new or used for a wide range of prices. I would look into Cellular Star and determine for yourself whether you trust them.

4. macrumors 6502

OHhhhhhh sorry, early morning :)

What Mr.Pink says is right, there isnt a differenct.

You can typically find these cases for $30 at some stores locally. While they aren't the prices you will find on Amazon, some charge shipping and depending on how fast you need it, going locally might be the option for you.

ALSO,

I have heard AND seen fake otterboxes online, even amazon. It is VERY hard to tell whats real and whats fake. I have held and attempted to use a FAKE otterbox and compared to the real thing, it doesnt even compete.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I ended up going with an Otterbox from Amazon. Bought mine from Ross Cellular for $22.15 shipped. Hopefully, it's the real thing.

Thanks y'all!

6. macrumors newbie

Case

No it does not work on the 4s correctly. See their website or amazon.

Blocks light sensor and the rear camera needs a wider opening for the wide angle camera lens for more light input.

I returned a 4 and have the correct 4s cases