Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon is set to cut its Prime annual membership price from $99 for a year to $79 on Friday, November 18. The one-day sale will run from 12am ET until 11:59pm PT and is only available for new members.

Amazon customers in the U.K. can take advantage of a similar promotion beginning today: Anyone who signs up for Amazon Prime between now and the end of Friday will receive a year's subscription for £59 instead of the usual £79 asking price, essentially amounting to three free months of the service.

Screen-Shot-1-1-800x213.jpg

The promotion coincides with the release of Amazon's new motoring show "The Grand Tour", the first episode of which can be streamed or downloaded on Friday morning by Prime members in the U.K., U.S., Germany, Austria, and Japan. Amazon says the show will be available to watch in 200 countries from December.

The benefits of Prime membership include free one-day delivery on eligible items, access to Amazon Prime Video and Prime Music, unlimited cloud photo storage with Prime Photos, access to the Kindle Owner's Lending Library, and early access to Amazon's Black Friday "lightning" deals.

Members also get an exclusive discount on subscriptions for Amazon's new Music Unlimited streaming service, giving them access to 40 million songs, compared to the 2 million included in the standard Prime Music package.

Article Link: Amazon Prime Membership is $79 Tomorrow Only, £59 for U.K. Customers Starting Today

Reactions: keysofanxiety

rdas7

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2002
London, England
For those who don't know, one of the presenters was fired from the previous show after physically assaulting one of the producers. His tv persona is based on making racist and offensive comments.

I'm all for a bit of entertainment, but what Amazon are basically saying with this show is "As long as you make us money, you can say and do whatever you want in public."

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
If 'The grand tour' is so good why haven't Amazon released the first episode to the critics?
Amazon has sunk a stupily large amount of money into this. They can't afford it to fail.
I'll wait for the reviews to come in before I ... oh wait the offer here ends tomorrow.
So they have got you by the short and curlies.
I'll pass. It will be in the interweb an hour after the episode airs.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
For those who don't know, one of the presenters was fired from the previous show after physically assaulting one of the producers. His tv persona is based on making racist and offensive comments.

I'm all for a bit of entertainment, but what Amazon are basically saying with this show is "As long as you make us money, you can say and do whatever you want in public."

And he just got caught lying about a Spanish airport staff... they were late and he complained the staff was from Argentina and said racist things to him. He might be brilliant but a twisted, racist and narrow minded little man :(
They had a brilliant show but nah, I can't make myself to watch and help absolute jerks like this :(
You have your own opinion so I'm not looking for a fight with someone with a different viewpoint.

Last edited:

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Holy monopoly, this is €49 for the first year in the Netherlands. And I believe there's more to it than an abusive man whom I am going to watch approximately never. Tempted.

Is this available to users in the Netherlands? What about Belgium?

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
How is it worthless? I pay 25 Euro a YEAR for next day or even same day delivery in some cities and on top of that free music, unlimited photo storage and heaps of video streaming content which i can even download
25 Euro a year? Care to tell us where that is?
My special offer (sic) was £59 for a year. The Pound/euro exchange rate has not gone that far.

ironpony

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
md
I guess we can access Macrumors for all the black Friday sales now or are they just a subsidiary of Amazon? Another article that one can wonder if news worthy or not. - Is there an Apple tv app yet?

"Save $20 on something not accessible on AppleTV".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.