Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has expanded its Family Plan for Amazon Music Unlimited to the U.K., following initial rollout across the U.S. last month.

The plan costs £15 a month, or £149 a year, which works out at a lower price of £12 per month. The subscription supports up to six family members (at least 13 years of age) for simultaneous listening and personal recommendations.

Screen-Shot-1-800x345.jpg

On the plan, a single family member uses a "shared payment method" to pay for the subscription, such as a debit or credit card that Amazon uses to charge each month for the service. Each member can make purchases on Amazon and Amazon Music Unlimited with the shared payment method, while the main subscriber receives notifications of all activity within the group. The plan also retains the same functionality as the Individual Plan subscription.

Amazon Music Unlimited has a library of 40 million songs and is available under four optional plans. Prime members can sign up to the streaming service for £8 per month or £79 per year, while non-Prime members pay £10 per month. For Echo or Echo Dot owners, a cheaper £4 per month plan is available, but is restricted to music playback on the smart device.

Article Link: Amazon Rolls Out Music Unlimited 'Family Plan' to the U.K. for £15 per Month

JimmyJimmyYam

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2015
As a long time buyer of digital music, I've been running trials of all the main streaming services on iOS these past few weeks to see if I could manage the switch, and I have to say that Amazon Music is one of the best, narrowly beaten by Google Play. Spotify is too functionally limited (no Play Next, 3,333 song download limit), Apple Music is still a confusing mess. The £2 monthly discount for Prime members is enough to seal the deal.

P. S. I am not Jeff Bezos.

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
As a long time buyer of digital music, I've been running trials of all the main streaming services on iOS these past few weeks to see if I could manage the switch, and I have to say that Amazon Music is one of the best, narrowly beaten by Google Play. Spotify is too functionally limited (no Play Next, 3,333 song download limit), Apple Music is still a confusing mess. The £2 monthly discount for Prime members is enough to seal the deal.

P. S. I am not Jeff Bezos.

Good to hear. Sonos & Echo Dot integration has me interested in switching from Apple Music.

Reactions: JimmyJimmyYam
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.