Amazon Ship Dates Updated!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JonnyMac, Mar 7, 2006.

1. JonnyMac macrumors member

Feb 11, 2006
    Just wanted to let you guys know that Amazon is now showing 1-2 week ship dates for the MBP, but only for the 2.0ghz model. I actually ordered mine earlier today with a ship date of March 2007 but it was updated tonight to March 17.

Seems like the supply will meet demand in another two weeks, as it seems a lot of non-Apple stores seem to be receiving decent stock.
  2. MacSyn macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2006
    MacConnection has the stock 2.0 MBP and ships NOW. I cancelled my MBP1.83 with Amazon and re-ordered from MacConnection.
  3. clayyea macrumors member

Feb 18, 2006
    That's great. I've been checking my order every hour - I know it's pathetic, but this is my first Mac. I'm glad to have something that seems a little more realistic. I can live with those dates. Now I can stop checking until the 15th.
  4. JonnyMac thread starter macrumors member

Feb 11, 2006
    I have an Amazon C/C and you get rewards points (comes to about 75 bucks for the MBP) so I had to wait it out. I was tempted to order from MacConnection though! But $75 in gift certificates at AMZN is worth the wait for me!
  5. CheZChaZ macrumors newbie

Feb 28, 2006
    Unfortunately, Mine Hasn't updated...

I ordered(a 2.0) on Feb 3, I'm still showing a April 6 Shipping estimate. I payed for standard shipping(instead of free supersaver), maybe if I had payed for next day I would be in the March queue. The thing that is annoying me is that it seems like people that are ordering today are getting much earlier ship dates then I am.

6. JonnyMac thread starter macrumors member

Feb 11, 2006
    I honestly think that you will receive your MacBook before April. If they're now showing dates of 1-2 weeks, that's a good sign.
  7. jungsuh macrumors newbie

Jan 18, 2006
    Not anymore, MacConnection has no more stock 2.0 left. (as of 7 pm Pacific time). :(

Had to order it through Amazon.. EST del date Mar 15 to Mar 23
  8. MacSyn macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2006
    I ordered mine around 8:38pm ET and I got it, I was lucky.