AMD presents their strategy for next-generation microprocesor performance

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by vniow, Jun 12, 2003.

1. macrumors G4

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030612/115146_1.html

2. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Ha, gotta love AMD, trying to fight back against Intel, atleast it is competiton.

Tho that IS bad because then Intel trys producing faster processors faster... oh well...

3. macrumors 65816

groovebuster

This is just a basic technology to have faster transistors. It also has to be implemented in a chip-design that works and doesn't make a PC a pizza oven. And compared to the speed increases the industry is providing year by year, it is not that much ground breaking. If they would have said 10x faster or something like that, it would have been impressing indeed...

groovebuster

4. macrumors 6502a

jethroted

What's wrong with Intel trying to produce faster processors faster? Don't we want technology to get better as fast as it can? Who wants to wait around for everything to improve, when it could be going on now? I just can't wait for that nano tube ram, and the quantum processors. I wish they were ready to come out now. I certainly don't want to push it back.

5. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Anyone else think it would kick ass if Moto got the boot and Apple and IBM brought AMD in on the alliance making PowerPC chips?

6. macrumors regular

I would but I don't want to get flamed for including Apple and AMD in the same sentence. But yeah, I think it'd be the coolest thing ever.

7. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Because we are getting pwned at clock speed and overall speed and components for computers.